Middle Week Thread

Meh.meh.meh

Really??

Well, every dayā€™s a school day!!

In studio doing some recording today. Gonna try and nab a GVSR on my way over. Ran out of coffee ffs.

Portlandia on BBC breakfast right now

3 Likes

Theoā€™s sandwich

• Toasted
  • Grilled
  • Fried

0 voters

Iā€™m going with toasted because

• frying involves some form of oil (hence deep-fry, shallow-fry);
  • grilling involves a grill;
  • most crucially, Iā€™ve had recipes ask for ā€œtoasted cumin seedsā€ or whatever, and to toast them you cook them in a frying pan, without oil.

I would have gone with griddling if Theo had (correctly) used a griddle pan

EDIT - @barleysugar said basically the same thing but more concisely

Yeah but I buttered the outside of each so they are sort of more fried.

6 Likes

Absolutely - this would have removed any ambiguity.

Thereā€™s no such thing as a griddled sandwich guys

Good point. But Iā€™m sticking with my conclusion.

Morning champs. In the spirit of #newyearnewme I decided to change my alarm clock rington in my iPhone last night so freaked the fuck out and thought there was loads of birds in my bedroom this morning. A lesson learned; always fear change.

7 Likes

Morning all! Bit chilly out, eh? I guess thatā€™s winter for you.

Pub quiz tonight. Havenā€™t got much of a team, but hopefully some of our maybes will become definites and we could have a great team.

PaniNO

I took three film cameras, and dropped 10 rolls of film off at the shop on Monday afternoon. Picking up the negs on Saturday (and then Iā€™ll be spending most of 2019 scanning). Portra 400 in the Canon AE-1, Kodak Gold 400 in the Olympus LT-1 and Elitechrome slide film in the Zenit Horizon panoramic camera.

1 Like

Co worker just said that I seemed grumpy and quiet :confounded:

Need to up the office chat

Nah, fuck that mate.

People often say that to me just because I donā€™t want to contribute to their high level bullshit and would rather sit with my headphones on and crack on with work / DiS.

5 Likes

Morning all.

Helping run an exam all day today. Pure cba. I got here early, first one in, and my reward was being the only person who didnā€™t get a coffee. Iā€™ve learned a valuable lesson today.

Hope everyone is well.

fire alarm went off as I arrived at the office so stood outside in my cycling gear for 45 mins :cold_face:

driving about with work this afternoon for the rest of the week.

What should I have for tea tonight?

• KFC
  • Mcdonalds
  • Pizza hut
  • Nandos
  • Frankie & Bennies
  • Hotel room service

0 voters

attempt 5: no GVSR

@eric

3 Likes

Keep reading this as Glasgow Vegan Sausage Roll.

2 Likes