Midweek EFL Cup Football thread

ZENGA SACKED

RIP

1 Like

Tempted to get a ticket for Merstham v Oxford United in the cup in couple of weeks.

Itā€™s only 4 miles from mine through some nice countryside and past some country pubs. Might walk it.

Tickets are Ā£15.

Rumbelows Cup for me Clive

1 Like

2 months out for Bailly :cry:

Out on Bailly

This is a relatively good gag

1 Like

man, this is the most delicious of goals. people talk about the dutch inventing total football, but if you watch the move, Tostao the main striker, finds himself at left back before move really kicks off. that beautiful dummy in the centre, taking three guys completely out the game with a couple of shakes of the hips, the ball down the line, Jairzinho cutting in and dinking it to Pele. and maaaaaan, that pass from Pele. if you watch his body language after he plays the most perfect of passes, fuck man, that is something else. absolute total football.

fuck me, footie these days is shit in comparison, isnā€™t it (rhetorical)

2 Likes
  • Spurs win
  • Liverpool win
  • 0-0
  • Score draw

0 voters

Yes mate, would be in my top-5 goals of all time easily.

what would be your top five? donā€™t think too hard man

keeping to wc footie to make it easier

diego v england
diego v belgium 86
cambiasso
pele v sweden
carlos alberto

Sticking to WC football probs makes it harder tbh, off the top of my head hereā€™s 5:

Carlos Alberto
Zizou volley in the CL final against Leverkusen
Cantona chip against Sunderland
That Bergkamp one against Leicester
That Messi one against Getafe (I think?) the one like Maradona vs England but better

With the ACON heā€™ll miss half of the rest of the season

If heā€™s even fit for the AFCON that is, starts mid Jan, no sure thing that heā€™ll make the squad

yep
yes, yes, yes! terrible ball from Roberto Carlos too. perfect volley with the wrong foot
um, youā€™re seeing this goal through rose tinted glasses, man. celebration was the best thing. nice, but Matt Le Tissier scored goals like this every week. sorry!
oh yes!
yes!

anyway, your list, your rules

Yeah, donā€™t doubt it man, hell of an important goal for me though, can pinpoint a few moments in my childhood which led me to know that football is the best thing there is, that goal was one of em. (Itā€™s also more than just the finish as well, him worming away from three players and the little give and go before the chip, magic)

aye man. Brian McClair was a highly effective player in his time, huh. heā€™d be worth 50 million in todayā€™s money, no doubt

1 Like

Some right rejens in this game and no mistake.

I always start optimisticā€¦ thereā€™s only so.many trophies you can win in a season etc

But yeah, which teams can be arsed with this trophy?

*newgens

2 Likes