Midweek Eurofoot thread May 2nd - May 5th

Exerpt from ‘Hart of Darkness - My life at Man City’ Joe Hart.

1 Like

aye it’s obviously delicate, you don’t want him to sit on a bench all year, you don’t want him playing 90 minutes every week.

Slavisa’s been really good with him this year tbf, rarely gives him more than 60 minutes, rarely starts back to back games, which must be pretty hard given how good he is and how our season’s going

A lot of Sturridge’s downfall has to do with him being made of biscuits, and not having Suarez any more. Since his many, many injuries whenever he does come back he’s a yard off the pace. I haven’t seen him sprint for years.

what time is it we’re talking about City’s fullbacks today?

Better chuck another £30m on Amavi’s release clause

1 Like

Arsenal fans bizarrely camped outside the Ajax ArenA last night

Absolutely guarantee that Mourinho will be calling Mmmboppy a lazy worthless sack of shit within weeks if we sign him. £70m down a hole.

Would’ve gone with “My Story”

1 Like

It’s actually irrelevant how much a player costs

2 Likes

Man as a vassell of God.

When i’ve seen Monaco this season Mendy’s been left-back. He’s one of several linked. I’d say it’s pretty certain that Alex Sandro would be their first choice, but maybe not gettable. Gaya’s been quite heavily linked. Alaba’s not going to come. Rose unlikely. Bertrand or Ghoulam at Napoli possibly. Quite a bit of talk about ex-Cheltenham man Yuri Berchiche for FORTY MILLION EUROPEES.

In what context? I think some players do struggle under the weight of expectations that fees place on them and can lead to confidence issues etc. and, more literally, £70m spent on one player is £70m not spent elsewhere. Not sure what you mean by that comment.

Ant said it to me so it’s definitely true (he was trying to justify pogback)

2 Likes

Is Ricardo Rodriguez still hyped? (The left back, not Del Rios announcer)

1 Like

I’ve been done here.

1 Like
1 Like

I don’t get what Vassell has to do with Persia

Of all the Villa outcasts, Jlloyd Samuel plays in the Persian League so fair enough there

This lad’s going to go for a world record fee this summer. Not sure i agree with it, but the stats point to him being the best attacking player in Europe this season.

He was asked in an interview recently who his idol was growing up and he said Cristiano Ronaldo. It’s actually not that mad, but it feels like it.

Boredom just made me Google it. It’s the name of his Daughter.