Midweek Football Thread - Ten Pounds of Wigs In a Five Pound Bag

question/subthread w/e

if England boycott the WC what happens then ? will the other teams in the group just get a walkover in those games or will FiFA replace England’s spot? If so, how?

There was talk of Japan, Australia & Poland boycotting too which would at least give FiFA the chance to allow some of the losing play off teams to take their places …it would be a bit weird however for New Zealand to take a boycotting Australia’s place or ROI and/or NI to take England’s place

Wouldn’t surprise me though if Italy and USA somehow made it along

what’s gon’appen lads?

Nobody will boycott the World Cup

6 Likes

Fuck all probably

Scotland are taking a noble stance yet again

12 Likes

so ruddy brave :cry:

The USA have pre-emptively boycotted the world cup in the most funny/principled way by losing to Trinidad & Tobago, so they won’t be playing…

I don’t know if/how they’d fill any spaces caused by a boycott. I do, however, know that the eventual winners of a world cup that was subject to a boycott would rightly be derided forever as having won a tainted tournament - it would be better never to have won than to have tried to claim a victory in such circumstances.

2 Likes

Theo Boycott

4 Likes

Boy Cotgson.

Trump wont win, Leave won’t win etc.

We’re very obviously waiting on Kane’s ankle scan before deciding whether we’re going to take a principled stand on this.

5 Likes

just read that Yugoslavia got sacked off from the Euros 1992 at a week’s notice because of the civil war/UN security council amendment, thus Denmark got draughted in

…and went on to win the tournament

1 Like

Fred to United.
Jorginho to City?

Arguably the worst ever major finals.

Think it was in Sweden.

Whichever way round it is we’ll get the one who is higher rated that week and he will turn out to be considerably worse than the other one

yeah

only 8 teams and one of those was CIS

but being 28 I’m surprised you remember it what with only being 2 at the time

2 Likes

Q: would Mourinho get the boot if United finished outside the top 4?

He won’t be at Manchester United in January 2019 so it really doesn’t matter

We won’t finish outside the top four but I think he’d probably be sacked if we did.

Course not.

Won a treble last season, ffs.

4 Likes