Midweek Football Thread - Ten Pounds of Wigs In a Five Pound Bag

Sorry, but that’s bullshit. The team and squad was a mess being propped up by two or three standout players. Outside of that - Hart, Clichy, Demichelis, Fernando, Mangala, Navas, Sagna. It’s weird how we’re revising the quality of these players given how hilarious many of them were at the time. The current United side would easily beat the City side of Pellegrini’s final two seasons.

They should have been better in 14/15 and 15/16 in the sense that they had the means to be, but the recruitment after the first PL title was as bad if not worse than United’s post-Ferguson.

In Aguero, Silva and (in theory) Kompany you already had an incredible core. IMO it’s like Fergie managing to turn around United’s second great team, and after a few fallow Djemba Djemba years form a third one with bits of the second remaining. The team Mourinho got was shit. All the great players from our last great team had left or were done for.

I’m that annoyed that i’m not doing anymore formation posts or saying who’s shit for the rest of the season.

Thank fuck i’m going out on saturday night so i can’t watch the cup game. Might go away for the weekend when the Derbys on.
If it ends up a liverpool v city champions league final the tele is going out the window.

Watching the highlights back, they got away with it last night, really. Sevilla could have easily added a third, fourth, fifth after their second. Not sure Mourinho would have recovered from that.

If they’d started Ben Yedder instead of that Muriel it would have been done and dusted after the first leg.

None of these players are real.

1 Like

Sevilla’s ‘magical night’ was hailed by the Spanish media, who called United ‘a walking monument to mean spiritedness’

1 Like

disgrace to freedom

3 Likes

“Mourinho is starting to look like a washed-up rock star, one of those guys that goes around holiday hotels for pensioners playing old hits on an organ with the base and the percussion playing on a tape recorder.”

Calling it.

Chelsea are bouncing Bartha out tonight.

1 Like

Paul Pogba should be the phoning the parents of every soldier who served in Andalusia tbh

7 Likes

You could argue they got it spot on. Muriel’s pace In behind stopping us from playing a high attacking line etc idk

Composed finisher comes on late when there’s space.

Or, as I suspect, lulling us into a false sense of security by playing the worst centre forward in top-flight football for two and a half hours and then bring the lad who can put the ball in the net on for half an hour.

gonna have to miss tonight because of work :frowning:

just gonna leave this here

3 Likes

just Gordon Ramsey on the f-word innit

1 Like

No, MY team was worse than YOURS two years ago!!

3 Likes

“I’ve sat in this chair twice before, with Porto - Man Utd out, with Real Madrid - Man Utd out, so this is nothing new for this football club.”

still cannot believe this quote. Maybe the most hilariously misjudged and inappropriate post-match quote I’ve ever read.

5 Likes

Desperate-for-the-sack-Conte-esque.

Should stress again for those that enjoy this sort of thing, that I’m still very annoyed about this quote as well as the performance over the two legs.

Barca/Chelsea previewy thing: