Midweek Football Thread

Dizzying heights of 19th thanking you.

Keep the faith, brother. A couple of decent loan signings by the Tanmeister in January and you’ll shoot back up whatever league it is you’re in now.

Wouldn’t moan if nothing else happened all season, we clearly need a rethink.
You should try it, it’s inevitable anyway!

Kelly should’ve been off for two bookings and I reckon Lee could’ve had a red in the first (need to see a reply on that one though)

Twice in two weeks Rojo has been lucky to avoid a red for a very bad challenge.

That Lee one wasn’t a red, should have been a yellow though (and in an odd way is not unlike the Barry one the other week possibly being why Rojo stayed on the pitch)

Haven’t seen tonight’s one but that rule that stops them from giving a ban for something the ref saw at the time is ridiculous

1 Like

Literally every time a ref gives United big decisions in a game you do your best to make it sound like he was merely bad all round.

Every time.

1 Like

He did legit have an absolute stinker tonight pal, really, really bad all round. The Rojo red and our first goal obviously make it a completely different game if he gets them right obviously so you can’t say “it evened out” by any stretch. We benefitted from his shitness more but he was completely shit all round.

2 Likes

refereeing decisions is the dullest possible topic of conversation

1 Like

Don’t, mate, they’ll start with their fucking formations

3 Likes

How about VAT excemptions?

Still like your tennis, bud?

2 Likes

Would you like me to set up a fun poll to clear the air, Ant?

Yes please.

I need to see the highlights but live all I saw was United going down to nothing challenges in the first half and the referee giving United everything.

The United first goal was a joke. Can’t comment on their disallowed goal as if was at the other end and didn’t see it properly. But if so that cancels it out.

I saw what I thought was an outrageous dive for a pen that should have been a booking but I’d test the same thing @anon5266188 said should have been a pen?

But what the fuck kind of substitution was that by Pardew? 3 mins to go and we take our best player and defensive midfielder in McArthur and bring on a striker WTF?

so you think he got the mata offside and the handball calls correct? (probably no point in asking that).

Depends.

Was he linesman as well as referee?

OK then, assuming Newcastle & Brighton go up. who do you reckon will get into the championship playoffs

• Reading
  • Huddersfield
  • Derby
  • Leeds
  • Sheffield Wednesday
  • Birmingham
  • Norwich
  • Fulham
  • Preston
  • Barnsley
  • Villa
  • Brentford
  • Other

0 voters

The dive was Pogba yeah? Not the pen shout I’m talking about, that was a pretty clear cut Joe Lesley handball.

That Pogba dive wasn’t great, Cabaye got away with an even worse one in the first half without a booking as well though. It was just dreadful refereeing all-round

Yeah he’d already been booked too.

By your comments seems I missed a lot watching it live or I need glasses.