Midweek Football Thread

Think it would have been a harsh booking but it wasn’t a FK either, there was contact but not enough for him to go down which refs very rarely book for (they probably should but they currently don’t). Cabaye’s one earlier was a more blatant dive IMO but I can see why refs are reluctant to get the card out for them sometimes especially if he knew he’d had a shocker (which I’m sure he was aware of at that stage)

I don’t think you need glasses, he had an absolute stinker, it’s always exacerbated when you’re at the ground and the crowd feel wronged though so I can absolutely understand why it would seem like we were getting everything. Like I said up there, we definitely benefitted from his shitness more but there were also a couple of massive calls that went against us (as well as plenty of nothingy ones as well)

hell of a save from Tebow, that

worse than that even
hate the impotent whining about refs on here, hate motd pundits spending ages mulling over decisions as a cop out from having to discuss actual tactics, hate the fact that i can even name any referees. dunno why robot refs haven’t been introduced yet when the technology’s clearly there (see robot wars)

What did Gundogan do? Out for a while according to Guardiola, poor bastard.

Part and parcel innit. I don’t like over-analysis of marginal decisions, you know was it/wasn’t it a foul type stuff as when it’s ambiguous enough to merit discussion it’s obviously even more ambiguous in the heat of the moment and they get too much flak.

I do think it’s worth discussing just general ineptitude though and I do think the standard of officiating is generally poor way too regularly. Fuck knows what we do about it as who the shit would want to be a ref with all the shit they have to put up with but it is bad too often IMO.

Bloody hell you guys weren’t kidding about Palace being robbed

I missed the elbow on Cabaye too.

Straight red, that.

Yeah shouldn’t have been in the pitch for the winner. Plus Rojos challenge looked terrible on tv.

As much as was annoyed with the referees incompetency, the non sendings off and the way Man United players were going down in the first half. I’m more of less over that with a sleep.

But what I can’t get over is Pardews incompetence taking off McArthur and bringing on a striker when we are 1-1, which would have been a great result in the circumstances. The guys a fucking idiot.

FUCK OFF ALAN PARDEW

Alright Mystic Meg. Can you predict if Southern trains are going to be shit today?

yep the refs could improve but so could we all, agreed

2 Likes

Leeds ahahaha!

7 wins in a row now chaps. Watch this space…

14 Likes

1 Like

Exactly. When he bought on Fryers, I thought we were going to go 5-3-2 to grind out the 1-1.

Then you see F-Camb warming up, you think “oh he’ll take off Benteke, he’s just trying to run the clock down”

Shambles…

From what i’ve seen, and their lead already, Newcastle and Brighton have the top two sown up and are a class apart.

I think Villa and Derby have the stability, managers for this level and squads to be fairly comfortably in the top 6.

I’m still telling myself we won’t go up, or even make the play-offs. But our form is very, very good and I look at the other teams vying for what I consider to be the last two spots and I think… why not us?

Being in contention is a massive step forward and enough for me - if the ownership issue gets sorted out, and we actually tie our quality youth to long term prospects, things are looking very positive for the next few years, if not immediately. Not felt that since Grayson’s 2010 side was pillaged and disassembled

When McArthur went off, you just knew they’d score straight away. Just as when Man United got the free kick, you knew they would score. Even if it should have been disallowed the defending for it was a shambles.

Normally, I’m a quiet, laid back person. What the hell is Alan Pardew doing to me.

I think it’s a complete crapshoot to be honest. Birmingham, Preston, Barnsley & Brentford are all likely to drop away but apart from that it’s about who hits a run of form at the right time. Squad-wise, Derby & Norwich are probably the best, you & reading are playing the best football, we’re scoring the most goals, then teams like Wednesday are quietly sitting in the mix without ever having looked particularly good this season.

The betting odds are looking towards Norwich & Derby then any 2 of Fulham, Leeds, Villa, Reading, Huddersfield, Wednesday. Which seems reasonable

^This. The Championship is too bizarre to predict during December. A team we’re not even thinking of like Ipswich might go on a streak from nowhere and sneak into sixth place!

Would like to Leeds back int he top flight though, even if the Cellino stuff threatens to be an absolute disaster.