Midweek Football Thread

we’re 14th, if we drop away much further we’ll be battling relegation, which incidentally is probably where we’ll be when we sell Hogan in January and replace him with Vibe/some loan kid/guy from Grimsby or equivalent

still voted for us to get in the playoffs in the poll though

you’re level on points with Villa so I felt like you had to be in the poll.

fair enough. tbf i would have still voted for us to get in the playoffs even if we were bottom on 0 points, can’t resist a joke answer. like on FM when it asks me in a press conference who i think is favourite to get relegated, and i always say Man Utd. also massively irks the virtual Mourinho, so that’s another bonus.

2 Likes

Good performance from Chelsea yesterday. Courtois’ save at the end was superb and the sort of thing that wins titles. Not getting overly confident yet as it’s still December, but mad to think that since getting dismantled by Arsenal we’ve won 10 on the bounce conceding 2 goals. We’re lucky to have Conte.

Also, I’m usually a bit of a cynic when it comes to overly-sentimental stuff in football, but the tributes for Bradley Lowery at the Sunderland game yesterday were lovely - Costa attempting to give him advice on penalty taking and Bradley ignoring him and kicking it wherever he liked tickled me. The pictures of him in his dad’s arms at the end were heartbreaking.

1 Like

Yeah, totally agree with the second paragraph. That melted the shit out of my stone heart.

1 Like

That seems absolutely ridiculous to me too.

And although he’s injured we explicitly got nelson oliviera to replace him

Agreed.

It seems that we need black arm bands and a minutes silence for the manager’s dog dying these days so it is genuinely touching when football actually gets it right.

2 Likes

Guys, just a heads-up that the Scottish Premiership has a winter break for most of January, so we’ll probably only need a single football thread for that month.

3 Likes

According to the BBC. Jose’s said Rojo is “clean, emotional and aggressive.” Is that his dating profile?

Cooks a mean plate of toast

6 Likes

6 Likes

Is is other half eating guacamole out of a thermos travel mug?

Looks more like a paint tin.

@anon5266188 please can you use your connections to ask Marcos Rojo
a) what his wife/girlfriend is eating in this photo
b) what vessel she’s eating it from
c) why a man of his wealth doesn’t own a reliable toaster

Thanks in advance

1 Like

The toast thing just makes the fact that he wasn’t the Utd squad member who couldn’t boil an egg even funnier

was it Egg-il Østenstad?

Titus Scramble?

4 Likes

He never played for Manchester United

Nor did he

Zlatan Ibtrahim-oeuf-ic