Midweek THE CHAMPYAAANS Football Thread

worth sticking with this match then

haven’t been paying attention to the french league,. are monaco smashing it because they’re fucking amazing rather than cos PSG have been struggling?

They’re the best attacking side in world football this season. Saying otherwise would simply be a mistruth.

posted in the wrong thread. basically, Draxler is good at football.

also, PSG looking very nice.

based on this match, he looks like he was bloody good value at <£40m

Just seemed a bit of a weird attempted putdown of a side who are probably the sixth or seventh best on the planet.

Sure but they’re beige as fuck. Horrible corporate squid without any of the history of the other corporate squids. Basically the french Chelsea, with more money.

I am fortunate to support a club whose owner isn’t simply interested in siphoning off champions league money :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

I’m happy to concede that PSG are a new club, not even meaning because of their recent investment, they were literally founded in the 70s…but this sort of stuff smacks of arrogance to me. Chelsea won the top-flight title in the 50s, and domestic cups and a European trophy before the mid-70s, we shouldn’t forget that. They were also doing pretty well in the years directly before Abramovich arrived.

Also, i’m not sure how much of your own club’s past you’ve read about, but you must be aware that Arsenal’s entire history as a top club’s based on hefty investment at the end of the 1920s. Admittedly, that was a long, long time ago, but it should perhaps be considered before dismissing the rights of other clubs to compete. The likes of PSG and Chelsea are only doing what Arsenal have done…only they’d won trophies beforehand.

#BANTA

2 Likes

everybody’s coupons RUINED

(except king tipper)

I would agree that we are utter, utter shit away from home. But cynical? We’re very dirty (3rd highest yellows, loadsa reds), but that’s mostly due to ineptitude/laughable indiscipline rather than systematic fouling or an aggressive pressing game - that would need a decent coach.

Be happy to avoid a pumping tonight. We’ve probably got the worst keeper in the league. And Danny Fox playing centre half.

Shaping up to be a proper de-wigging this

If Barca score one here, and PSG don’t get a fourth, Barca would go through, imho.

Hope not, like.

1 Like

We’re losing 3-1 ffs

Cardiff are winning again, ffs.

1 Like

What’s going on at Villa?

Is Jedinak injured?

Genuinely have no idea. Bought a bunch of players but they all play like strangers.

Yeah he is, not sure how long he is out for now but we havent won since hes been out

2 Likes

Think it’s what’s known as the Lansbury effect.

1 Like

well that went well