might buy this sofa, please help me decide

Looks leather. Not for me (like even if it’s pleather I am not a fan of something looking like an animal was flayed to make it).

1 Like

Shudder. These get grotty fast. They’re dead hard to get bits out of the crevices of and just strike me as the biggest germfest going especially if second hand.

1 Like

It’s only Sunday!

2 Likes

ur a crevice

2 Likes

31 Likes

Haaaa

Goddamn that room is fuckin TEAL.

3 Likes

yeah, my bedroom is ‘candyfloss’

now you just need the colourist to make your skin look orange

2 Likes

like the sofa in isolation tbh, but find any sort of leather/pleather etc sofa pretty annoying - too cold in winter and gets sticky hot in summer. Nice fabric sofa for me please!

2 Likes

I think painting the wood parts would improve it. Gloss or lacquer finish. Not sure what color would work though. It’s like an Arts & Crafts version of vintage De Sede sofas, which are stylish in some quarters

1 Like

I like the sofa but not the cushion

1 Like

The cushion is just there for scale.

(Actually we grabbed it and put it on there ‘cos it had similar colours to the room)

1 Like

Yeah, I thought about painting them too. Maybe the same dark blue as our skirting boards/ceiling in the room.

1 Like

Thanks!! Sharpies have replaced tip-ex as my favourite brain-inhibiting smell

1 Like

Maybe someone with photoshop skills could try out different colors. Dark blue, maybe a color that’s similar to the leather, maybe burgundy? I think burgundy that’s a bit dull/dirty would look good with that yellowish color. Something like redwood? Dark blue would make the yellow really pop. You could also try a dull, greyish olive that’s a bit lighter than the leather. And actually I would try a satin/eggshell finish instead of gloss.

1 Like

Does this mean you bought it?

I haven’t. Still kinda keen though. Need to wait til next pay day.

For free maybe but £140!?! I think you can do better.

I would buy it because it looks like the cushion parts are all in one piece so my dickhead children couldn’t sit on them and squish them all out of shape rendering the sofa a lumpy, useless mess. Also like the high backs so you always have somewhere to rest your head - modern sofas are all really low

3 Likes