Rolling Star Wars Thread

god that felt like it lasted hours

1 Like

I wish there was one that lasted hours

if you want something that feels like star wars but with a lot of camp acting and racist undertones, Episode 1 is a peach

6 Likes

Is that opening minute the only time the Stormtroopers precisely shoot anything in the OT? Hoth was all ATATs and Ewoks donā€™t countā€¦

Are AT-AT drivers (is this the correct term?) Stormtroopers?

God damn thatā€™s cold man.

1 Like

Actually, maybe they should count double for Stormtroopers as theyā€™re a smaller target.

Plenty of exclusion going on.
The OT shows space is wonderfully diverse, unless youā€™re human.

3 Likes

think the metaphor of OT felt like evil white guys vs good white guys

so the only implicit racism is that thereā€™s mainly just white guys except for lando

3 Likes

Iā€™m happy for you that you can enjoy a tooled up monolithic empire slaughtering an indigenous population defending their home.

In the OT Lando is the only main character who isnā€™t white, and in Empire he screw the heroes over. Thereā€™s another xwing pilot of colour in Rotj maybe but itā€™s not like the Rebels were depicted as multicultural.
Mind you thereā€™s only 2 women with speaking lines in the OT but sensibly the rebels knew to listen to them both and put them in charge.

1 Like

I will say this:
In terms of the OT and esp ANH.
I could relate to the rebels inherently as having an empire invading, crushing populations it had no right to and being overseen by old white British lads wasnā€™t just star wars, it was happening on the streets of my town.
So thereā€™s that aspect I guess.

2 Likes

this is something iā€™d never considered before. thank you dude

3 women with speaking parts. Leia, Mon Mothma and Aunt Beru. But I guess your point still stands

4 Likes

Yknow. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever watched RotJ all the way through.

Iā€™ve seen bits. I know thereā€™s Boba Fett and a Sarlak pit and a gold bikini and some ewoks and stormtroopers driving bikes into trees and Vader throwing the emperor down a hole or somethingā€¦ butā€¦ errā€¦ got no idea what actually happens.

so basically, thereā€™s Boba Fett and a Sarlak pit and a gold bikini and some ewoks and stormtroopers driving bikes into trees and Vader throwing the emperor down a hole and some ewoks dancing

6 Likes

Tried to debate there whole ā€˜no trainingā€™ aspect with others on Twitter - jeez, the amount of hate and vitriol suffered in return was laughable/disturbing.

1 Like

No - youā€™re a Stormtrooper if wearing the armour. Thatā€™s not to say maybe one week youā€™re on patrol as a Stormtrooper but then get redeployed as a driver if you have your AT-ST license.

2 Likes

Do you ā€œfeel a disturbance in the @theorist, as if a boardful of sci-fi fans suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silencedā€?

Seriously, whatā€™s going on with the 2 x suddenly (seriously)?

1 Like