Mild peril barometer

Scenario 1

You have socks on, no shoes, how far can you walk from your main door before

a. you have to start doing a silly slow walk being conscious of weight distribution at all times

• less than 1 metre from my door
  • 1-5 metres
  • 5 - 10 metres
  • further!

0 voters

b. you are in mild peril regardless of silly slow walking adaptations (eg. there is an unavoidable stone)

• less than 1 metre
  • 1-5 metres
  • 5 - 10 metre
  • further!

0 voters

Are there any alternative routes? And are they tried and tested?

Inspired by all the dried up prematurely shed conker shells and other tree related spiky or hard things lruking all over my back lawn making an appealing looking but absolutely treacherous alt route from the front, paved route.

— No more scenarios —

But please do create your own

I’ve been to the local tesco barefoot

I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.

All those moments will be lost in time, like… tears in rain.Time to die.

4 Likes

I’ve been to the local tesco barefoot
I’ve seen many strange things already
bloody wolves
chasing me through some blue inferno

1 Like

My feet are an absolute state from running and football. Upside is there’s such a thick layer of dead skin ill happily walk barefoot for a decent while

2 Likes

The pavements around here are so covered in broken glass, dog shit and general litter I wouldn’t ever consider leaving the house without shoes on.

We have an EXTREME PERIL alert :warning: :loudspeaker:

4 Likes

My main concern is how filthy the ground is outside. I wouldn’t be happy about going to the front door without shoes on, the carpet in the entranceway is gross, but I could do it. Immediately outside though, risk of dog shit, spit, mystery stains etc. Shoes definitely needed.

1 Like

Bet all you none outside walkers love a paddle in the disgusting sea or ocean

would rather go sockless tbh, you get hurt by pointy things either way and a wet sock is the single worst first world experience

I can send you a photo of the ground outside my building if you want and you can tell me which of the fag ends, dead snails, suspect looking brown marks etc you’d be happy to touch

I’ll lick the floor for £20

3 Likes

Go out and up the road barefoot quite a lot. It’s fine.

I’m afraid socks are compulsory

disgust is temporary
£20 is forever

If there wasn’t a high chance of one or more of my neighbours seeing me observing a man licking the ground outside the front door and then giving him money, I would hold you to this, because I really don’t believe you would if you’d seen it

fag ends, disgust, £20

in that order

Early Etta James lyrics needed some work