Mildly infuriating road layouts

Yeah, that easily tops the one in Hemel

1 Like

I don’t get that? Why?

Absolutely no idea.

I think it’s a technicality and new crossings must be Ped-X. I have no idea what the difference is

Safer just to have a red man and green man with a normal traffic light sequence, rather than yer flashing man/flashing amber maybe?

I’m guessing new Zebra crossings are probably banned too?

But then you wouldn’t have this amazing (if fairly pointless) sign

yeah that was one such example i had in mind.

I’ve fucked that one on a hangover before.

blue house roundabout, gosforth

Ped-X don’t have flashing green man or flashing amber.

They’re significantly safer for pedestrians.

Zebra crossings are still fine on minor roads. You wouldn’t put one in on a major road, or a road with significant pedestrian traffic, but other places are fine.

a19/silverlink roundabout after the tyne tunnel. mainly just because there’s been roadworks for about a year, and expected to be for the next 3.

is currently being reconstructed. it’s gonna take at least TWO AND A HALF YEARS. here’s the new proposal. 3 layers.

:grinning:
M40/M42 junction

I have always wondered why they chose that format to show the junction on the sign.

Looks quite similar to the A38/A50 junction

1 Like

my mum and dad went on the “march” for this. I know almost nothing about the proposal.

two more notorious ones from that area (i don’t even drive but they’re THE. WORST.):

hollywood avenue/great north road/regent street/gosforth asdas junction, also in gosforth. is really annoying. don’t really go to gosforth much, but still.

haddricks mill/south gosforth a191 to heaton and benton double roundabout - where they take learner drivers. i generally understand that if you can deal with it you can drive.

Let’s hear it for the Gravelly Hill Interchange…

1 Like

awww. did they tie ribbons around the trees? that’s mainly what the march consisted of. and banners that said SAVE OUR MOOR. i understand that the HIGHLY CONTROVERSIAL plans have been put on hold/scrapped and they’re trying to sort out a solution.

Intimate with both of these. The asda one has recently been redone, don’t know if it’s better. The south gosforth one is brilliant - it’s almost IMPOSSIBLE to know what lane to be in unless you know it really well.

they got rid of the asdas roundabout. ffs.

The solution did seem to involve taking an unnecessarily massive chunk out of the moor.