Milkman

Noticed loads of houses down here had milk bottles out and got woken up a couple of times at 4am by the milkman. Bit weird in 2018, I thought.

Turns out the dairy is just up the road and they came round and gave us free milk for a week.

Gonna keep it going I think. It’s relatively pricey (70p a pint, rather than a quid for 4 pints in a supermarket), but a couple of quid is neither here nor there especially if it’s going straight back to the dairy. Quite nice having milk from the cows I drive past every day delivered in glass bottles (FO, plastic) too.

Anyone else got a milkman? Any other dairy related chat?

4 Likes

thought this was gonna be about the book
not read it

2 Likes
3 Likes

Yes I have a milkman, Mondays and Thursdays, 4 bottles of organic whole milk per week for Jnr

Lots of my neighbours also have the same milkman. Really find it bonkers how plastic milk from a shop became easier than having bottled milk delivered to your door.

1 Like

When you think about it 70p for a pint of milk isn’t actually pricey at all. Better for the farmers and the environment that you cut out the supermarkets :+1::+1:.

9 Likes

Dairy is my enemy

They deliver non-dairy milks too

Well, that’s it really.

Similar to @Scout there, I was having a bit of a wonder about how it can possibly be cheaper in a supermarket without someone getting seriously done when you consider all the extra logistics involved, vs it being delivered from the farm a mile away.

The farmers are getting seriously done

1 Like

Haven’t had milk deliveries since I was a kid.

I’ve just looked up Brighton Milkmen, and there’s a company called Brightonmilk, but they don’t deliver to where I live, despite the fact I’m really central.

11 Likes

Like, Yorkies?

1 Like

Banger

5 Likes

You can also get chocolate, yes.

Bulk buying power / farmers getting done

anyone remember salad fingers

1 Like

do they drive a float or a normal van

Float

1 Like