Mince pie tally 2021

Jam tarts are shite

4 Likes

Think this is the worst post Iā€™ve ever read

2 Likes

Oh Iā€™m talking about homemade ones

Agree shop mince pies are way better than shop JTs

1 Like

Jam needs something fatty/creamy to cut through the sweetness.
I donā€™t get plain jam tarts at all.

Mince Pie for breakfast is a statement. Entirely on board with your approach

Iā€™m 5 pies in so far. Aiming for my usual approach of gorging early and getting utterly sick of them by the big day.

Cream and Ice Cream. If you get it right the cream should harden on the ice cream. The mince pie should be warmed prior.

Love em.

2 Likes

Have a pack of some Mozzaā€™a free from gingerbread ones but trying to say for when Im not in my own and will eat all 4 in one go.

Now I want a mince pie.

2 Likes

Why donā€™t we have big mince pies, thatā€™s what I want to know. If we can have big cherry pies we can have big mince pies.
GIVE ME WHAT I WANT.

3 Likes

I couldnā€™t agree more. Youā€™ve got to be careful though, mincemeat gets as hot as the sun very quickly!

I want to say something sensible like filling to pastry ratio but fuck it, I just want a massive bastard mince pie to slam my face into if weā€™re being honest about it.

1 Like

Asda was apparently doing big ones a few years ago, but no longer :angry:

Make mincemeat strudels occasionally. Great lads

2 Likes

Iā€™m thinking of making a mm strudel this year. Do you think apple would go? Mm and apple?

1 Like

MM or apple imo.

Each better separate than together

2 Likes

Ugh. Just imagine sitting there with a knife and fork and a lovely beerā€¦

2 Likes

Had 12 so far this year. If they start selling them in September what is one to do

Suffer.

MPs ease the pain, if anything

1 Like

WAIT mince pies that is

2 Likes

I do this. Couple of weeks ago I did it three nights in a row.

Not having a great time. F*cking love jam tarts (Mr Kipling only, or my mumā€™s).