Mindhunter Season 2 (careful with #spoilers pls)

Really liked it, again. Bloody good telly.

This thread is a lovely example of me not understanding why people post before they’ve seen the whole thing. Great stuff.

No value in discussing things episode by episode or what you anticipate may happen in the future?

One hunter and his mind

There’s value in that, but not judging the series.

1 Like

Just finished it - bloody brilliant. Better than Season 1 for my money. The Manson stuff was pretty disappointing, but then again he’s a surprisingly dull story in real life so :man_shrugging: Roll on season 3 :+1:

3 Likes

Really enjoyed this, despite being irked by them sidelining Wendy and the tedium of the Brian storyline.

I re-listened to the All Killa No Filla podcast about BTK and I hope the show goes on to feature more of the cringey, Partridge-esque stuff he did.

1 Like

Finished now.

Agree about Wendy’s plot although I actually didn’t mind her relationship stuff. I think it’s interesting to learn more about her. But yeah she is sidelined and it’s a shame.

I think it’s all about the deliberate nature of the writing to show us Holden and Tench gradually just getting completely consumed by Atlanta so the show does too.

Overall I preferred the Fincher-revisiting-Zodiac opening 3 episodes to the ending section, but a really strong season.

Intruder is one of my favourite songs

so glad they used it over the credits.

1 Like

The soundtrack in this season was brilliant - and particular the use of this

3 Likes

thought son of sam was a great scene

the brian subplot was a snoozefest altho tim canterbury’s gf is very good

was heartened they included the spooky shit about the wayne williams case and the almost certain existence of a wider network the police were protecting but it felt a bit rushed

was an interesting experiment, still maintain it’s a better show when depicting the tench/holden dynamic and the ways dealing with these creeps affects their psyches

Just finished, loved it.

Really enjoying it but I occasionally remember it’s King George from Hamilton and the dodgy Irish accent guy from Heroes and it takes me right out of the scene

1 Like

i was properly rooting for Williams, the power move when he bought them fries was amazing. So upsetting to think none of those families got true justice, just as they expected.

3 Likes

Yes. The Primus cover is also good (heard that first, which probably helps. Fans of Gabriel probably hate it).

:smiley: not sure you’re supposed to root for the murderers tbh!

I know! there’s a lot of doubt he’s actually guilty though, right?

2 Likes

have you heard this dingaling? pretty good series, they explore the weird turns the case takes. 2nd series is about zodiac!

https://atlantamonster.com/

1 Like

i think there’s a more realistic concern that he was guilty of some of them but they just blanket attributed all of them to him to dispose of it quickly. the stuff they have against him is pretty incriminating and the killings stopped after his arrest.

7 Likes

Ahhh ok

there are people who think he was framed and is completely innocent though. at some point he came out with a story that he was a trained CIA assassin and was locked up to shut him up. heard his lawyer once liken him to lee harvey oswald lol

in the podcast williams keeps promising some huge revelation that never really emerges, stringing along the host for months

so i think he did some of them, worked as a fixer using the music agent story as a way of finding kids, but i don’t think he acted alone. no telling if the killings continue but the other perps learned to hide the bodies/vary their method to disguise MO.