Minor but satisfying things in life (preferably nothing to do with using the toilet)

when there’s a BOGOF or 3 for 2 deal and you actually wanted all the things on the offer at full price anyway

3 Likes

After all of these years when I see a horse chestnut on the ground I still mentally evaluate if it could be a winning conker (e.g. is it a potential sixer?). Sorry, I realise that this sounds like bad Facebook nostalgia.

5 Likes

Taking a sticker off something that usually leaves the gross adhesive/paper combo and it comes off perfectly.

6 Likes

I can combine these two into an even more exquisite and rare occurrence. The quickest way for me to get to my local shops involves going down a quiet backroad which is sealed off from the main road by a little square and pavement where the local florist sets up stall every day. Straight in front is a pedestrian crossing across the main road and on the other side a bike rack and then the local Tesco. Usually I’ll slow to get on the pavement then dismount to cross at the crossing before locking up my bike and going in, but just sometimes as I’m slowly freewheeling up to the crossing (looking carefully out for pedestrians obviously) the lights will change and I get to ride gently across the road on momentum alone, before stopping softly right next to the stand.

1 Like

The little cracking noise and the tension giving way when you break the seal unscrewing the top of a new juice bottle

3 Likes

pint

7 Likes

Had this a few times in a row on Sunday, what a momentum-maintaining treat!

2 Likes

Doing a really small favour for someone e.g. getting a box from a high shelf or returning a kid’s football or letting someone with a couple of items to skip in from of you in the Lidl queue

5 Likes

returning a football by kicking it and not messing up

tho given how rubbish I am at football I could say this is a big thing not a small thing

4 Likes

When a little kid smiles at you on the bus

9 Likes

Reading silly things on the internet. Like this

10 years old i was :smiley:

6 Likes

The first good night’s sleep at the tail end of a cold

2 Likes

Going to the shop for a specific, sought after, item & finding the very last one waiting there on the shelf just for you

2 Likes

When you’re on a train and you see someone you know - but it’s at the very end of a journey so you’re only obliged engage in conversation for a minute or so

3 Likes

Peeling a boiled egg and you unwrap the shell in one piece

4 Likes

Likewise satsumas

2 Likes

1 Like

Along the same lines; seeing someone in a shop and having a pleasant passing conversation and then not bumping into them again for the duration of your visit.

6 Likes

Having the flat to yourself for an hour

:relieved:

4 Likes

7 Likes