Minor change to the board

Changes made, let me know if it causes too much hassle.

i tell you what i would like to change back which ive noticed recently, when you reply to a thread youre halfway through reading it jumps down to your reply rather than staying where you are in the thread. obvs you can just click on the reply thing and then the up arrow to take you back to where you were but its a minor annoyance that doesnt seem to add anythign and this seemed an appropriate place to air my irk

4 Likes

Is this on mobile or on desktop?

both, safari on mobile and chrome on desktop

1 Like

oh yeah, ^this

i meant to say something about it

edit: think it might be a discourse thing rather than a DiS thing though? dunno

I don’t seem to be able to replicate this :thinking:

@moderators can any of you give this a go when you’ve got a moment.

Happens to me. Was full sure there was a setting to change it but can’t find it.

just tried it and it still happens

it used to be a toggle-able option in your settings, but the option seems to have disappeared.

it needs to be a thread you haven’t read. reply to a post that isn’t at the end of the thread and it will jump down to your reply, rather than leave you where you had read up to.

It’s always done this afaik hasn’t it? I got used to clicking the up arrow ages ago!

2 Likes

In a meeting for the next hour but I’ll take another look at this when I get back :+1:

nope, think it’s just started in the last couple of weeks

1 Like

looks like discourse removed it

Ahhh.

It’s been deliberately removed by Discourse. For… reasons. They’re being a bit arsey with anyone who doesn’t like it because it means you’re using the software wrong, but there you go.

@wewerewerewolvesonce There’s a couple of threads on their meta forum if you want to chime in and add DiS’ experience, but they’re pretty dismissive.

https://meta.discourse.org/t/automatic-jump-to-reply-that-was-sent/116087/

1 Like

a recurring theme with the discourse people

1 Like

Seems familiar. Definitely the users using the site wrong.

2 Likes

Jesus, their argument is “if you’re replying before reading the whole thread you shouldn’t be replying” and “your using discourse wrong so stop using it”.

I loved this wee toggle and it being gone is wank. Fuck those guys.

2 Likes

I did warn you :wink:

Thanks for looking into this, I’ve posted in meta for other issues and not really made much headway but I can take a look.