Minor change to the board

And as for ‘you shouldn’t be using discourse’ well it might help if he actually did use it then he might understand what the users want

find it weird how they’re so obsessed with how all the individual forums that they’re not part of use their precious platform. still reading through and they’ve moved on to telling people that big rolling topics are bad and wrong. who cares ffs

i see Theo comes in at the end to tell them what’s what. good lad @1101010

4 Likes

Where are you reading this? Oh wait, found it. I feel like getting angry

1 Like

oh it was linked upthread here

God imagine going to the pub with these guys :roll_eyes:

as if any of them have ever been in a pub

3 Likes

This reminds me of a job I went to at the weekend where ‘tech-guys’ worked. There were three of them and they were so snarky to each other. It was relentless. I got the impression that they got on fine with each other it was just the way they communicated.

eg.
“Have you seen the 5-way cable splitter?”
“Well, have you tried looking in the cable splitter drawer?”

That sort of thing with every single exchange.
Fuck knows how they did it without murdering each other. Amazing

1 Like

i’m just hate reading all this guy’s posts now

Who is this masked man?!

9 Likes

It’s stupid but technically they removed it because of a bug.

However the only bug I spotted with it was that it would often show your last reply as a new one so you’d check a thread and discover actually no new replies. Not a big deal though ffs

some fucking prick that hasn’t logged in since 2013 got japes

4 Likes

Oh yeah that was a bit annoying but I’d take that over losing my place all the time

Surprised no one raised the ‘you can see if a post has a reply already’ point before you. Also tend to use the search box to double check before I post mid thread too

1 Like

except on mobile. which is annoying af.

4 Likes

i actually thought about jumping in and asking why they show that a post has a reply to it if you are supposed to read the whole thread before posting a comment, but i decided i don’t hate my life enough to get involved

1 Like

I raised that separately as a request. He seemed baffled by the question

Dude, you have so many ‘bad habits’ , it seems…

1 Like

Link him to the cycling thread.

1 Like

Wait, I can see that on mobile

i can’t