Moanday

…I had a nice day with family yesterday…sorry everyone.

2 Likes

Carol Vorderman’s looking well

2 Likes

Thanks. Yeah, I’ve got friends and family offering to keep me occupied and being really good sounding boards.

checks watch

What’s your point here? Is the woman from Little Mix not wearing the make-up how you want it? Wrong clothes? I imagine she would appreciate some constructive feedback.

2 Likes

Probably was, I’m there most mornings.

1 Like

Never fell over about three times on the way to work, a lot of the pavements now have a thin layer of ice which is really hard to see. Also weather related is that for the past week/two weeks I’ve been a lot more depressed than the usual. Fucking hate that seasons changing has such a bit effect on me, makes it a lot harder to manage my usual symptoms.

Yesterday was good though, finally cleaned out the dust from the inside of my PC. Meant to clean and tidy it years ago but kept putting it off. Made it a mammoth of a job when I finally did it!

Then I watched The Wire’s last episode. For as flawed as the fifth season is, it does get a lot better in those last few episodes. Me and my friends also made the mistake of watching White Chicks to see how far into we could get. It’s… a deeply unpleasant film.

This is the first week in months that I’ve got nothing planned and I’ve got no idea what to do. Hopefully going to crack on with some music stuff (including a Christmas song for the music board) and I’ve got some other boring music related things to sort out on account of my current project having its first release this month. Good stuff.

That sounds stressful and sad, hope you’re ok @Twinkletoes

I went to the lamplighters parade on Saturday in Todmorden and had the usual headache of getting home because trains are incapable of handling any sort of weather. Got into Manchester at 11 ish and got ripped off in a cab home but was too cold to care.

Having a lazy day today, hoping to do some work later when Jnr is in bed but she has almost all her teeth coming through at the same time so unlikely to settle.

How acceptable is it to put the heat on when your housemates are out? I popped it on but not full blast, will leave on for less than an hour. Can’t hack the pace

i’ve ordered a humane trap*. let’s see how that goes.

*not a human trap

Thanks @anon45164313 - have had a couple of calls with my mum today which ended positively.

good luck with the traps

i’d offer you a lend of the dog but he’s not well suited to this sort of thing. i came across a spider the side of my hand a few months ago. i normally just let spiders be because they’re fine but he took it amongst himself to stick his tongue on it (?!!) then very quickly ran away as fast as he could, resulting in a leap on top of the table. good boy.

2 Likes

my dad once caught a mouse in a humane trap, then gave it to the cat.

1 Like

size of my hand, obviously

it was fucking massive

Mixed experiences with these at work. Have personally set loose 3 mice into the wild. But also had to scrape two dead ones out of the ‘humane’ traps when no one was in the office for a week and the trapped mice starved :frowning:

sounds like the cat wasn’t doing his job

she was elderly at that stage and didn’t really like us anyway. Good cat though

2 Likes

I think it’s fine, especially if you’ve already tried added a couple of clothes layers onto yourself. Sitting in the constant cold is just really unpleasant.

I’ve got a cold. I’ve got a piece of tissue in a horseshoe shape, rolled up with one end in each nostril. Form an orderly queue.

1 Like

So sorry to hear that ATT, Sounds very draining, wish I could offer some more advice but other than what everyone else has said about trying to plan something for yourself I can’t be much help. Feel for you though.

1 Like