Moderat

For some reason we don’t have a Moderat thread!?

Anyway they have been hinting at something since the end of last year and well… they are still hinting at something!

3 Likes

Pre order!!!

1 Like

One of the best live acts in the world really hope they do a massive tour and preferably Glastonbury too.

4 Likes

According to Reddit if you type CLEAN-MY-MEMORY in the order notes at checkout you will receive your vinyl signed by the band!

This is fantastic news, absolutely adore this band. I think Modeselektor & Apparat have both had their moments, but for me Moderat is one of those rare collaborations which is even better than the composite acts.

9 Likes

Yeah, you might be right here. Happy Birthday and Monkeytown are excellent (I don’t really know much Apparat apart from the thing he did with Ellen Allien which was amazing) but those three Moderat records are almost perfect.

2 Likes

Try to avoid the drip feed of singles usually but very hyped for the first new music in six years.

See you in 8 hours looks like!

2 Likes

I would say their output is flawless but LP3 is kind of weaker than the others.

Apparat has some great stuff worth checking out if you haven’t

2 Likes

I used to think III was their weakest but over the last few years it’s really grown on me.
Reminder, Eating Hooks and running are immense.

3 Likes

III is a grower compared with the first two but I love them all equally now.

1 Like

Finding these tracks pretty unexciting so far.

I initially felt that way about bad kingdom and eating hooks as well, so hopefully it’ll all tie together into a great album (I like them both now).

1 Like
1 Like

New 6 part podcast to promote the forthcoming album. Exclusive to Apple…

Wowsers! This turned up early! They tried to deliver it on Saturday but I only managed to get to the delivery office today! Not officially out until Friday though! Nice signed copy!

4 Likes

New album is great! NEON RATS is a certified banger and has me immediately looking up their tour dates