Mogwai Listening Club

Out of interest, which 2 would you get rid of?

Runs in giggling

ROCK ACTION IS STILL THEIR BEST ALBUM

I VOTED 1 FOR ALL THEIR OTHER ALBUMS, OUT OF THE PUREST SPITE I’VE EVER SPAT😏

6 Likes

Here we go forever is a bit boring and Supposedly is just bad.

i like Supposedly, sounds like a Hardcore leftover

It sounds like how to be a werewolf

3 Likes

ATLC isn’t their best album lads :rofl:

Still, good thread, recency bias aside

1 Like

“Lads” is too general, and to my untrained ears, it might be their best.

Well sure but this thread has gone from strength to strength as the love for as the love continues continues.

4 Likes

It might just be.

1 Like

It’s very good and easily their best in a decade (since Hardcore) but relax :wink:

Listening to “DiS is Mogwai” while working this morning. Bloody good playlist this :wink:

2 Likes

I’m planing on listening to my rip of the Tramworks gig tonight and crying in my pint. :confused:

3 Likes

Oh no! :frowning:

1 Like

So I’m in Lockdown. My teenage son has tested positive for Covid-19. 10 days indoors for the household. Hopefully he’ll be okay! So out of sheer boredom and a passion for all things Mogwai I tried to pick my all time top 10 Mogwai tracks. Which as we know is impossible. It will probably change next week and they have literally loads of amazing tracks to choose from and I know I’ll get grief because I’ve left tracks out, but it’s impossible!! They have so much quality. Anyway I came up with this list which I personally love but I’m sure it will be different to many other fans. I’d love to see others have a go.
It’s just my favourite 10. Not gone for any order here.

Dry Fantasy
Don’t Believe the Fife
Donuts
Rano Pano
Remurdered
Hungry Face
Midnight Flit
Teenage Exorcists
Every country’s sun
Wizard Motor

I made a playlist too…

6 Likes

Popping this here too as an FYI :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Release the tramway gig. Do it.

1 Like

Oh ffs I’ve already got €75 worth of releases stacked in my basket

3 Likes

cody, special moves & govt. commissions all seem to be expensive now on vinyl so I hope the success of ATLC means they can get repressed.

2 Likes

It’s obviously not going to be, but I would quite enjoy a compilation of each of the songs that has appeared as a bonus track on all the Japanese versions of the albums. They could call it The Rising Sun for Every Country (or something equally bad).

Still waiting for someone to upload this one to youtube.

1 Like