MOMO and other social media hoaxes

definitely think you could get PTSD or something similar from spending too much time in the darker parts of the internet. Even thinking about what is out there gives me a small burst of anxiety.

1 Like

@anon18868718 linked to an article about the people who moderate facebook and it was really grim reading about what these people get put through

1 Like

:frowning:

actually sorry I might be bringing people/myself down with this line of conversation.

Look after yourselves folks x

momo momoney momo problems

4 Likes

Pokemon momo to the polls

4 Likes

11 Likes

the children of late capitalism are anhedonic. they only feel alive when sexting each other and doing the momo challenge. they also watch isis videos and say ya yeet.

2 Likes

Dumb kids. They should be more like my generation and only feel alive when battered on wanker craft ale and reminiscing about shit cartoons from the 80s.

6 Likes

Wake Me Up Before You Momo

7 Likes

i remember when bluetooth was big and people would send around that video of the chechen soldier. before that it was graphic footage of the jumpers on 9/11. some people who were our age then have young uns now, perhaps they are projecting their trauma of the unfiltered days of the internet onto their children. but tbh gen z definitely seems better equipped to handle this stuff, based on what i know of how my nieces and nephews interact with tech. yes sir i think we should be educating parents more than the kids.

A May May Momo meme

2 Likes

I’ve been singing off key to them all day

7 Likes

Had a follow up from nursery!

5 Likes

I think it’s time you let the nursey know about Scary Door favourite The Rake…

2 Likes

that’s the one isn’t it. my favourite one so far

Yes, let nursey know! :woman_health_worker::skull_and_crossbones::ghost:

Nothing Scary Door about that.

momo, theres mo limit… to the stupidity of the internet

I wonder if parents, headteachers and people on Facebook realise they are complicit in traumatising children when they spread this sort of misinformation/hoaxes, even though they feel they are ‘helping’ people by making others aware of it.

1 Like

Thought this pretty much summed it up

https://twitter.com/verblet/status/1101097022864703489

14 Likes