Mon-Fri Foot

I know we ride Bournemouth but Ibe didn’t cost anywhere near that

Oh yeah

£90m for Paul Pogba is more explicable to me than £16m for Jordon Ibe

(This genuine error on my part is kind of indicative of how fucking ludicrous it all is though innit, £80m, £90m £40m it’s all fucking ridiculous and arbitrary isn’t it)

^ concerned about the general state of transfer fees

6 Likes

Check your supporting a club with a limitless transfer budget to spaff up the wall privilege

1 Like

Ross McCormack - £11m
Steve Marlet - £11.5m
Konstantinos Mitroglou - £12m
Brian Ruiz - £10m
Andy Johnson - £10m

4 Likes

yeah, stupid signings which I am annoyed my football club spent so much money on. Other than McCormack where we did very good business on both ends

McCormack’s a very, very silly and bad example

Why? What difference does it make? Beyond the fact that those players turned out to be disappointing why does it make any difference how much Al Fayed or whoever forked out for them?

It’s an £11m transfer in the second tier of English football mate, if that doesn’t make Dads up and down the country say “the games gone” nothing will

because we could have spent that money better on different footballers and maybe, if we had done so, we wouldn’t have been relegated

Saved us from relegation from the championship pretty much single handedly two years in a row, then we sold him for a profit.

Good business

It’s just nonsense that fee and performance level are correlated so much IMO. It’s no more relevant to those morons who go on about how they shouldn’t get injured so much when they’re on such big wages.

It’s two completely separate things. Great for bants and wind-up merchants, not good for grown ups who enjoy sensible debate about the sport they love.

of course fee is relevant to expected performance level. Obviously it’s not a direct, linear sort of relationship because there are so many things that affect a player’s transfer value. But yeah, when Fulham have spent half of their season’s transfer budget on players who are bad/cannot be arsed I have been annoyed at the club for spending that amount of money on the bad player, whereas when we’ve got players on a free transfer who have been bad I have not really cared

Fair enough mate, different strokes for different folks eh.

Frankly I wish we’d paid double for Pogba just to lessen the dividends for the Glazers and to further wind up all the Dads.

1 Like

Some great videos of him around teeing up tap ins with ludicrous passes and our strikers fluffing their lines.

It’s 2m30s into this before someone scores a goal. *For full effect watch with the Benny Hill theme playing in another window.

4 Likes

Completely pointless to be going on about the nearly moments obvs but just imagine some of those chances had been taken, not a chance he’d be getting the same flak when he’s literally done the things required of him very well for the most part

1 Like

so you’re saying there’s still a chance for Norwich :wink:

would be quite funny after we won the league on a technicality due to QPR also being dodgy

Antony Taylor is the worst referee of the premier league regulars by far, and he’s doing the FA cup final :grimacing:

He also hates Arsenal and Arsenal hate him so it’s gonna be great. Hope at the very least the fans can figure out a chant for “You’re dishonest to your federation”

I’d like to remind you of the ‘all in’ rule currently in force here.

Its £178m.

1 Like