Monda(ne)y

Morning!

Starting a new job today. Got that awkward gap where I’m due to appear in the office at 10am on my first day but I arrived way early and I’m just hanging around nearby.

Need to stop yawning. :yawning_face:

1 Like

Good luck with the new job!

8 Likes

Just woke up. Could get used to this not being at work lark.

4 Likes

Was fully knackered so went to bed before 10. Was still awake at 1am :sleepy:

Morning DiS,

Nothing exciting to report. Slept terribly due to a small person, and saw a horrific accident on the other side of the A23 that made me drive extra cautiously on the rest of the drive in. It’s going to be a quiet week at work, and I won’t be complaining about that.

Had a weird lucid dream/sleep thing last night where I was paralysed and couldn’t move and then I started screaming. Urgh. Lots of things on my mind at the moment, would love to switch nearly all of them off as I’m feeling drained.

someone from a marketing company texted me at 6 this morning about whether I want go to a job interview tomorrow,

no idea what the job is, can’t remember applying for anything at a marketing company

• just roll with it
  • tell them to fuck off mate

0 voters

what kind of psycho hr manager is messaging people at 6 on a Monday morning giving me less than 36 hours notice

What are you too good for Trago Mills now?

1 Like

The kind of person that you don’t want to be taking a job with.

11 Likes

Completely wasted my weekend by being too lazy / lethargic to do anything and now full of self loathing as a result so that’s good. I did at least get a combination of about 20 hours sleep in the past 2 night so there’s that.

On a scale of 1-10 how much of a fuck do you give about work today?

0 voters

Well on the plus side I’m not imagining things, but on the other hand I could have done without learning that apricot wheats look much the same on the way up as they did in the bowl.

It’s… marblellous!

3 Likes

I’ve never been to Trago Mills :scream:

(Never had the need to buy homeware in Devon)

1 Like

More like it

2 Likes

Morning.

The kids are on half term, and it’s a bit floody around here - so they’re having an indoors kind of day. They want to bake. I want to bake. Work-wise I’m doing the bare minimum, and then we’re going to make a lemon drizzle cake.

1 Like

Also there’s a little train.

1 Like

Morning Tilty, all,

I woke up at 3:45 from a nightmare and spent the next hour feeling a bit upset and unable to get back to sleep. It seems my restlessness might have woken some of you up, so I’m sorry about that.

I’m not sure what the hold up was, but my manager has finally decided to sign off my holidays, including the days I took over last Christmas. I’m glad she didn’t decline it.

Haha, I don’t think there’s a chance of anything unexpected happening here unfortunately… The only reason I’m considering it is that nobody ever even responds to my job applications, never mind offering an interview