Monday 18/5

Alright? Been moaning about work a lot on here recently so I’m not gonna do that today, hopefully it’ll be less hectic anyway so that’s nice. What’s Monday got in store for you then?

2 Likes

Morning Funkhouser and everyone else!

I’m not actually feeling too bad for a Monday:

• I’ve not had too many emails over the weekend
  • I’ve only got one meeting today
  • it’s sunny and warm so I can WFH in shorts (note to self: add this to the pros of Zoom meetings thread)

Of course, everything has the potential to go terribly wrong but it’s nice to get off to a good start.

1 Like

Morning

:wave:

2 Likes

Morning all!

It’s grey and damp outside so I probably won’t be wearing shorts today.

I’ve got some marking to do and then I need to start writing the essay I’ve been meaning to start for the last week.

May your days be very straightforward!

hiya

just drinking a coffee and reading my book before showering and “work”

1 Like

Main plan is the big fortnightly shop. Beyond that, watching the silly baby toddle around the house and maybe a walk this afternoon.

2 Likes

Fucking hell, do you not think that’s expecting a bit much of silly baby?!

3 Likes

You jest, but she gets in way more steps than me most days…

1 Like

Finally figured out how to access the actual remote learning resources for the kid from her school on Friday, feel like a massive chump but now there’s actually a structure for her learning which is awesome so today is going to be about implementing that. We built a rocket over the weekend for one of the tasks from last week.

Monday, is it? :thinking:

1 Like

It’s my Friday today. Working the late (again) and slept like absolute shit. Well tired.

This isn’t a particularly proud moment, but I went to the science centre in Glasgow with an ex once and we got roped into the build a rocket event thing. We were the only adult-only participants.

Fucking beasted them. Smashed it. Furthest flying rocket by miles. Won a prize and everything.

16 Likes

Having a cup of tea in bed :+1:t2:

If you’re going to participate, you should do it like that, to the best of your ability. Kids need to learn to lose after all

4 Likes

I feel like my stance here is at least a bit sheepish.

Look at the aerodynamics on that thing. Beautiful.

5 Likes

Oh god who did we get to take that photo

tenor

Smol gif!

5 Likes

‘Hey, parent of a defeated child, husband to a disappointed wife (please don’t have your vengeance in this life or the next) can you take a picture of my sweet rocket? Thanks’

1 Like

Was gonna get up and go for walk before I sat at my desk all day as my hip has been stiff recently. But haven’t.

1 Like

God this is going to be shit.