Monday 7th September, Daytime Thread

Had to sleep on the sofa last night, which is absolutely the way to get the kind of refreshing sleep you need if you want to approach a new week with gusto.

Oh also I have to take notes at a four hour workshop this afternoon in which participants will be discussing “the lenses of transformation”. Anyone?

1 Like

Yo

been up since 6.45 after almost no sleep. now have coffee, vanilla marble brioche and melon slices. so it’s kind of a solid draw right now

1 Like

I get bored rigid doing minutes for two hour meetings, dunno if I could handle doubling that

2 Likes

CAKES :cake:

2 Likes

If you work from home how much time passes between you getting out of bed and sitting down at your computer

• 2 hours
  • 90 min
  • 1 hour
  • 30 min
  • 10 min
  • 5 min
  • 1 min
  • 10 seconds
  • I open my laptop in bed

0 voters

I usually make it to 15 minutes before the creative paraphrasing begins. Luckily, nobody reads them anyway.

1 Like

I’ve been pretty good about still having a morning. Either go out for a run or watch some TV pre shower, then have breakfast, then start work.

Suspect though this has been a relatively easy process because March is about when it starts getting light in the morning here, so we’ll see what happens when it’s pitch black out until 8am.

I get up, brush my teeth, then head straight to the computer, get it all open, answer an email or send out a simple report or set up things, then make breakfast, get that gnome’s lunch together, maybe go for a walk, depending.

1 Like

I like my morning faffing time.

Yes, “faffing”

5 Likes

I usually open it up right away just to check for anything urgent or fire off a couple of quick replies. There’s usually quite a gap after that for coffee, food, book etc before I start back up though

PARKLIFE!

10 Likes

That’s good discipline, I take every second I can in bed

Easy school drop off! :partying_face:

Going to nap because THAC got me up at half five and also I am so unfit that walking to school and back gets me very tired. Then it’ll be making lunchtime curry. Also going to finally try sort out some parcels to send and start the process of psyching myself up to go to the post office later in the week.

Hope no one has an awful day x

7 Likes

If I did that then I’d probably get less sleep, because I’d stay up later the night before if I knew the first thing that was going to happen when I woke up was work.

Ooh, D&D night too I think :dragon_face:

3 Likes

I’ve got leftover pizza for lunch!

1 Like

90 minutes on workdays, about 5 minutes on days off (pee, make coffee, take coffee & laptop back to bed)

It is! We are fuuuuuuuucked.

1 Like

Reckon we can hide somewhere till Albért goes away

2 Likes

You’ll be fine, reckon you can outrun the thing. If not, owlbears should respond to reasoning and/or offerings of hugs, I’m sure this alternative approach will not end in mailing. Very sure.