Monday Evening 20/05

I have a barber appointment at 8pm.

• Perfectly normal time to have a haircut
  • Itā€™s some sort of drug trafficking scam, donā€™t do it

0 voters

Does anyone have any experience with banking fraud?
I am really worried about my brother.
Yesterday my cousin messaged me asking me for a ā€˜small favourā€™
I said, sure, Iā€™d help if I could, then received this message -
ā€˜Iā€™m needing to pay some bills but my online banking is downā€¦ if I give you the sort and account number will you pay it for me? Itā€™s for Ā£745 and Iā€™ll pay back tomorrow with an extra Ā£30 if thatā€™s okā€™

:alarm_clock::alarm_clock::alarm_clock: rang for me immediately.
I replied ā€˜Cuz, I donā€™t have Ā£745 :rofl:ā€™ then asked him who Oldie is to test if it was really Cuz.
No response, I head over to the extended family group chat, and itā€™s suddenly blowing up with messages cos weā€™ve all received the same thing and weā€™re all saying heā€™s been hacked except my absolute sweetheart eldest brother who sayā€™s HE FUCKING PAID THE MONEY STRAIGHT AWAY. The utter plum :frowning: He REALLY cannot afford to lose any money at all let alone that sum.
Please reassure me that heā€™ll be able to get his money back?
I am gutted for him :sob:

:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

1 Like

Had a very long day so weā€™re having steak and eggs for tea before I have to do some more chores etc. Feeling tired and achey and very run down tbh mates.

Thatā€™s not good. Could your oldest brother call his bank immediately or put a hold on payment? Iā€™ve had my card hacked numerous times as I travel a decent amount for work. Banks are pretty good these days of reimbursing money they feel can be from fraudulent transactions. I would keep all the texts and correspondenceā€™s and head straight into the bank tomorrow or talk to a customer representative tonight explaining your situation.

3 Likes

Whoops sorry that was meant for gnomey. :frowning:

Did he do it via debit or credit card?

Also goes without saying report as a criminal offence and get a crime ref number

2 Likes

Evening dinner number of Stuffs given? Precisely none.image

7 Likes

Had a cracking day with kiddo. Doing some pasta primavera thing for tea. Having a few beers. Off to Bristol tomorrow with the kiddo

2 Likes

Enjoying the token two bits of green :smile:

1 Like

Evening folks. Tonight Iā€™m off to see Primal
Scream (capacity about 350). Last time I saw them down here it was at the Brighton Centre (capacity 50 squillion). Itā€™s gonna be more fun than than is legal on Monday night.

1 Like

Hey all, hope you have a nice evening!

I am about to wander down to The Cluny for Jason Lytle, expecting to feel all the emotions and enjoy a pint of Hickey the Rake.

absolutely love it when spanish people call ā€˜hamā€™, ā€˜jamā€™ because ham in spanish is ā€˜jamonā€™.

2 Likes

Cheesey garlic bread? Be still my beating heart.

1 Like

like one of my students said ā€˜we had a picnic and took some slices of jam and bread to the beachā€™.

fucking wankers.

Not sure. He reported it straight away though. Iā€™ve messaged asking for an update but not heard back.
:sweat:

1 Like

Iā€™m on my diet now, gonna get fit and sexy in no time

Sliced jam

Now Iā€™ve heard it all

2 Likes

FUCKS SAKE

Our bathroom door is a slidey thing with no lock. The rule is that if the door is fully closed then it is occupied

Just needed a piss so went to the bathroom, the door was slightly open so figured the coast was clear, didnā€™t even think my flatmate was in yet so didnā€™t even register that she might be in there

she was in the shower

but itā€™s worse than that

the water wasnā€™t running

she was very very clearly giving her pubes a wee trim

fucks sake!!

I am mortified. I donā€™t think sheā€™s that bothered cos sheā€™s european and they donā€™t really give a shit about nudity but oh my god please let the ground swallow me up

iā€™m an idiot iā€™m an idiot iā€™m an idiot

3 Likes