Monday evening

Not when your wedding is £50/head and they haven’t met the person

1 Like

never been to a wedding like that tbh. they’ve all been renting out the local hall and laying on a buffet type thing.

Well the type you describe yes it would be unfair not invite +1s. Thought they died out in my parents era though.

was invited to a wedding in Santa Monica this summer. had to compose myself to stifle the laughs before saying I couldn’t make it unfortunately.

Got invited to a wedding this weekend, for next month in UGANDA

Might as well have told me “dont want u at my nuptials m10”

Yeah that’s fair enough, I was talking more about people having a dream wedding in St Lucia when everyone they know is from essex

It’s ok that’ll all end after Brexit :wink::wink::wink:

Did you wear the blue dress?

1 Like

just have poor mates/don’t get invited to the expensive ones I guess. I can see why.

might request the epithet ‘bringing the tone down a notch since 1990’ for my gravestone.

she could so kick your ass

1 Like

think strava or my phone might be a pile of shit. every cycle/run/walk I log on it has these weird spikes of me travelling 30km/ph during some bits. also has me travelling in a constant zigzag.

Just cooked and eaten dinner (an unadventurous curry) and my plan for this evening is to start scheduling out all my hockey club’s fixtures.

Really exciting, huh?

I do not doubt it.

Gonna give your team all the best slots?

Reckon there could be a 200 reply thread easy on Weddings tomorrow with added beeves

2 Likes

Oh yes. I’m shoving the M1s and L1s onto the second pitch at 4.30pm to accommodate it, too.

1 Like

Personally prefer a 10am match myself. Absolutely hated playing in the afternoon which I had to do for years because the South League stipulated you could only play between 12 and 3 or some crap.

Any chance of scheduling it for Friday? I’ve got a three hour train journey and I reckon that would pass the time nicely…

1 Like

Got ma main man staying tonight

Just back from the park and cooking up some food :+1:

12 Likes

The earliest we start matches is 10.30, and it’s my preference as well. Unfortunately, school matches take place on Saturday mornings, which means that the team I now play for, which has kids, the dads and coaches in it, has to play in the afternoon.

South are quite difficult to work with, aren’t they?Their requirements are more onerous than the national leagues above them in many ways.

phone GPS is fairly inaccurate for running, if you want better accuracy you’d need to buy a GPS watch (can be gotten refurbished on ebay for cheap enough)

2 Likes