Monday Football Thread

Not a penalty because United still owe the nation for about twenty years of soft ones, so any they get now have to be due to horrendous fouls. That’s actually in the rules now.

Can you link me to the amendment that this is referenced in please?

1 Like

I can but the link is being used somewhere else atm, I’ll send it when I get it back

Cometh the hour, Cometh the Zeki Fryers

1 Like

Garths team of the wee is a joy as usual, check out the stones /bravo bit, old pep doesn’t even know the basic rules of the poem!

can’t remember if you banned scottish football chat or not from the new forum?!

Shouldn’t even need to ask. It’s obviously banned. Fucking hell.

1 Like

apologies Ant, thought as much. Probably for the best after saturdays result

This is just a sneaky attempt to talk about Scottish football and I will not rise to it.

2 Likes

This was the subject of much chat when he was signed. “He’s gonna look like a waste of money if we play him in a two man midfield.” “Mourinho won’t have spent that amount of money on him not to play him in his best position.” etc.

Ultimately, he’s been square pegged to keep Rooney in the team but fortunately his contract lasts longer than Wayne’s so we should see the best of him eventually.

1 Like

fixed it for you

I can confirm (again) that, yes, the old rules regarding Scottish football will still apply on the new forums.

egg on mourinho’s face. watching KDB absolutely bumfuck utd was a joy to watch. Thats what happens when you break down your players with emotional blackmail and agression, they resent you, their form suffers as a result, and then results suffer.

Watching him blame the ref after the game was so classic i felt like crying. To blame the shocking performance of utd in the first half (one of the worst first half home displays I have ever seen in the premier league) on “a few individuals” indicates the levels to which this man is capable of stooping. Fails to take ownership for his own tactical mistakes. Starting fellaini next to pogba was the most laughably backwards tactical decision i have seen in a long time. When you have arguably two of the best young talents in world football on your bench (martial and rashford) and you choose to start with fucking lingaard rooney and mkhitaryan thats all you need to know. dont even get me started on ibra. smh smh smh smh

2 Likes

City will win the league by a country mile barring serious injury problems. Only team that comes remotely close in terms of balance is (although i hate to say it) tottenham, and (happily) chelsea.

West ham look decent, just had a bad run and need to sort their formation out, liverpool ditto (also their defence kinda sucks) but they need consistency. Dont even get me started on arsenal lmao (although they will get top four and celebrate like they won the league). utd to finish 5/6

Please do take me up on these points if and when you disagree with them seems like this is one of the few places where reasonable football discussion takes place.

love and blessings, also who watched neymar yesterday oh my god that man will change the world

Hello @sauce Welcome to the football thread!

1 Like

DanielKelly’s back!

4 Likes

mourinho pinning blame on lingard and mkhitaryan was a bit gross too. yes they didn’t play well, but it was mourinho who picked them, he should accept responsibility! and didn’t sub them earlier as he should have done.

new phone who dis

1 Like

Welcome to the boards definitely new user ‘sauce’.

2 Likes

hell ye bruh you got it. Mourinho got the tactical nous of my my right pinkie finger (im left handed by the way)