Monday Football Thread

Well it’s official the Fergie years were the work of the devil and no matter what we do we’re never gonna win anything again as karma’s paying us back…FA Cups don’t count, we’re not Arsenal.

Current league table.

Insurance
Liverpool
Begrudging Insurance
Insurance
Insurance

Fucking daylight robbery that was, we’ve done it to plenty of other sides over the years though. Thought we were really good particularly in the second half, it’ll come…

This Chelsea side have fewer weaknesses than any of the four sides who are better than them at their best. If they continue to not concede goals they’re looking the most likely champions.

Thought United and Arsenal were both shite, tbh. Don’t really understand the ‘United deserved to win’ narrative. Rashford and Martial were bobbins. The non-penalty on Valencia was clearly not as controversial a call as the ref keeping Darmian on for regular, calculated fouling.

City were garbage at Palace. It’s mad we are where we are. Every team in the top eight or so’s got a better defence.

League table:

1. Doesn’t matter
  2. Apocalyptically bad
  3. Also Doesn’t Really Matter But Would Still Be Bad
  4. Almost as bad as 2
  5. Would be fine

Rooneys free kick in the last minute :sob:

amazing what a magic bullet the formation change for Chelsea has been so far.
knew there was a reason why i’ve ended up playing 3 at the back with every FM side I’ve ever had

1 Like

beautiful header from Giroud, eh. beautiful

1 Like

Awful defending by rashford. Awful

2 Likes

what are your thoughts on this PL season?[poll public=true]

• fucking loving it, mate. good mix of teams at the top. anyone can beat anyone. best league in the world
  • I’m enjoying it quite a bit
  • I’m not particularly enjoying it
  • I crave the 90’s again. shit pitches, bad hair and Matt Le Tissier
  • I am not digging at all. barely watch anything. catch 20 mins of MOTD, then turn over to the channel that has nothing on the screen
    [/poll]

The football’s been good but the last 3 united home games have broken me

it’s good. a large proportion of the teams are decent and enjoyable to watch

1 Like

nice one len

1 Like

cheers gaz

1 Like

Football really is quite annoying.

from the BBC Gossip bit

West Ham hope defender Reece Oxford, 20, will finally sign a new five-year deal within the next 10 days - after interest from Manchester United and Manchester City. (Sun)

thought he was about 17 a few months back?

2 Likes

given far too much space there tbf

I support Palace managed by Alan Pardew. I’m loving it. :grimacing:

1 Like

he is 17. Just a mistake innit

I’d say this is quite easily the worst season I’ve had since I got into football. Constantly feeling either apathetic or raging mad. That said I think all the stuff around the top 6 teams is pretty interesting and the standard of football has gotten better at the top end of the table.

The gulf in quality between the top six and bottom eight/nine is still kind of unbelievable though. Would certainly be enjoying the football more if Hull weren’t in the premier league.

Nobody’s won a Premier League game in Manchester since 24th September.

Surprised nobody’s mentioned this, tbh, tbf.

2 Likes