• :toilet:
  • :poop:
    [/poll]

inexplicable ex-players with pundit gigs:

Sutton
Danny Mills
Keown
Scholes

none of them were interesting or popular when they were playing, dunno why the bbc think they’re good now. At least the likes of mcmananamamamn and rio can talk about winning stuff and big european nights etc.

unexpectedly good =
jenas
shearer (!!),

on the bench:
kilbane
murphy
gullit

I think Danny Mills is ok.

No.

8 Likes

They’re shit pundits. But Scholes and Keown were massively successful players, bizarre thing to say.

Also Shearer’s terrible

1 Like

he was banging on the other day about how liverpool flat track bully all the small teams and don’t produce on the big occasions…

We’re bottom of the division :pensive:

I like Slaven but his team selection and tactics have been completely wrong. Injuries aren’t really an excuse anymore. The only vital player we are missing is Cresswell who is being sorely missed at the back and his link up play with Payet last year was fantastic. I know Carroll is out too but I mean he’s never played that many games on the trot to be that integral. He may look more a threat that Zaza though (weirdly Zaza seemed to be one of the only players putting in any effort yesterday, he just wasn’t getting the service).

I’m not really a fan of any of the new signings. I’m still very confused as
why he seems reluctant to play Byram who I rate as a solid worker. I dont think we can really afford to be playing Lanzini, Antonio and Payet, feels like too many cools in the kitchen. The defence seems to be in tatters and I have no idea what Reid was up to yesterday. I think it was error to get rid of Tomkins also.

The worse thing was in the post match interview with Noble - he looked completely sullen and dejected. He’s been off all season too.

It’s a shame as last season was fantastic and I hope Bilic could build on a winning formula but he’s really going to have to pull his finger out over the upcoming weeks - if he is even given that long…

bilic was weird post game too, doing some sort of sad whispering but looking like he could explode at any moment.

I like Rio as a pundit - can be quite insightful and uses his experience as a player to help validate points;.

Danny Murphy is shit, just a moaner

4 Likes

Yeah I saw that too. I’ve still got the image of him starring into the abyss after our European exit seared into my mind.

Danny Murphy is the shittest most boring moany twat on the telly

5 Likes

Three wins a row for us, although I’m not going to get carried away considering they were against Middlesbrough (away), Stoke (home) and Sunderland (away).
Our next three are Everton (a), West Ham (h), Leicester (a), so it’ll be interesting where we are after that lot.

Benteke seems to making a huge difference though. Even if his not scoring his presence opens up space for others.

Leslie’s done. Got the Coates to dig deep on a great-on-paper squad, nfc what to do with it, and it sounds like the dressing room doesn’t think much of him. Fits his usual modus operandi of doing alright on limited means, increasingly grunting about the officials once he’s haggled for more money.

1 Like

where were you the day we ended racism in football?

Apparently he used to play professional football with such luminairies as Steven Gerrard. You’d think he’d make that information more readily available.

1 Like

Enjoyed Alan Green telling West Ham fans to get on with the season and stop complaining about the new stadium (after that was all the pre-game build-up focused on), then in the next breath started having a moan about how far away the commentary position was and how he felt like he was watching a Subbuteo game. Spanner.

Love seeing Son score goals, happiest face in Premier League football that.

3 Likes

I like Sutton on 5 live