Monday (I don't wanna)

I want to get up but Winnie’s joined me in bed and I feel bad leaving when she’s come for a snuggle.

Oh this is the worst “I can’t be fucked with Monday” I’ve had for ages. Dunno why, maybe it’s the weather. Seriously contemplating a sickie.

Meant to be in Prague right now drinking hot wine and being very Christmassy. Instead I am sat in my kitchen working and my cat just ate all her wet food too fast and immediately threw it up by my feet

3 Likes

This is a very 2020 post

Also that’s a sympathy like, that sucks

1 Like

It’s ok, I think especially after reading that other thread this morning, I’m pretty grateful to be in the situation we’re in really! Everything got rebooked for next December and I’m sure we’ll actually get to go then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Morning

I’ve agreed to go back to my old old job for 2 days this week. I have no idea what I’m doing. Literally, because they haven’t sent me any info or training notes and there has already been confusion about what hours i would be working

Feel like I’ve been beaten up. Thank god the weather’s lovely, I don’t have a day of meetings, and I have a nice long lunch break.

Got the week off so Gonna watch tele without a laptop on my knee

Your new office is Pets At Home, isn’t it?

2 Likes

My team has a weekly meeting where we discuss what we’ll be doing in the week and it always fills me to the brim with dread. Never know if i should be all guns blazing or if I’m best just saying as little as possible

4 Likes

We also have these. I don’t tend to say very much!

My partner has them daily. Imagine.

Absolutely shaking with anger at the continued shit R’s school are putting on us. Lies and discrimination and a total lack of empathy. So desperate to get him somewhere else that might actually want to offer him an education and help him feel safe.

Slightly over pickled

3 Likes

I can’t imagine having pickle for breakfast. Doesn’t seem right…

:pensive: I’m so sorry the schools turned out to be such a frustrating disappointment.

1 Like

Not even that, it is beyond a nightmare now.

Ban request (for not posting any puppy pics)

Yeah this is a shitshow

When I had daily meeting I used to either make stuff up or repeat what I had said in previous days to sound impressive. It’s much worse over zoom for some reason

Yeah my new boss has got keen on this too. I think it’s partly because we are part of a larger team who are IT dvelopers and they buy into the whole Agile daily standup thing. Ironic that the reason for making people stand up is to make them hurry up, but we’re all sitting down these days.

My approach is usually sullen silence with the odd bit of open hostility thrown in. Got our weekly one in an hour and I feel like snapping someone’s head off.