Monday Short Title

Just say you were unreasonable because it’s just your future missing him manifesting in other ways, that’s quite cute imho

Why are Reach websites unreadable?

2 Likes

Awful aren’t they. I read this story on Plymouth Live this morning then had to look through about 8 other variations before finding one that was in any way suitable to link to.

Already wasted 28 minutes of my life on the phone to the bank, all I wanted to do was cancel an appointment. I get waiting times are long and stuff and I didn’t mind being on hold, but it’s just infuriating trying to explain something very simple to someone who’s job it is to understand?? And I feel bad cause I was having to explain it very slowly and clearly multiple times and so now I’m probably the patronising arse but Jesus wept. I know it sounds like I’m unreasonably annoyed but it felt like I’d walked into a bakery and the baker looked at me with a blank expression when I asked for bread.

ITS TOO EARLY FOR THIS

There’s just not enough adverts, ways to get you to join mailing lists or links to other stories imho

2 Likes

Oh and to add insult to injury after all that kerfuffle the appointment I was calling to cancel was never confirmed and didn’t exist on their end anyway :smiley:

2 Likes

Still solo parenting and the week began with a dead cat & 3 job application rejection letters :upside_down_face:

Morning

Flat smells of paneer masala
Waiting for pastries to come :heart_eyes:
WFH
Just spied this on the cupboards…

Gonna eat Alfie

6 Likes

Just looking out the window and wondering if maybe, just maybe, today might be the first day of the year I go for a swim in the sea*

The sea temperature is 11.8 degrees apparently. I mean, I don’t have to be in for long, and there’s some people who swim all year round.

*without a wetsuit

2 Likes

Just signed off my first email of the working week with “Thanks for your hell”.

Gonna be a long one.

3 Likes

Why does DiS look like this atm? How have I accidentally changed the format settings? Grrr

It’s because some people have ignored my advice to keep it brief.

barleysugar explained it in web development language yesterday but something is broken and the titles aren’t wrapping properly .

2 Likes

Going to farnborough. That’s it.

10 weeks exactly until :canada:

Had an absolute nightmare getting to work today. Made a lot of wrong decisions. And I think I’m the only one in all week LOL.

Oh so it’s like this for everyone?
Hope it gets fixed soon

2 Likes

Yeah there’s a thread here Summat gone wrong with the width on mobile

(it’s not because of the thread titles like I thought initially, something else is too wide)

Monday morning done right

7 Likes

We use an online HR thing that you book holidays in on. Except my boss doesn’t get an email when I do so anymore, because he’s still using an old email address for it that he canceled months ago. And he knows this but still hasn’t changed it (takes seconds to change). Which means I have to send him a message to tell him can he look at the HR thing because I’ve put an annual leave request in.

In a bizarre turn of events I’m waiting outside a&e to meet my friend who’s been told to go. She should be absolutely fine btw, but she asked me to go with her so of course here I am.
What’s making me laugh though is I’m stood with all the smokers, except I’m just eating a banana. We’re all just getting our fixes

2 Likes