Monday thread

We had some building work done recently which involved them opening up a wall to create a window, and it was SO COLD and I really really regretted taking a few days off to ‘oversee things’, when basically it was too cold to be in the house, too loud to watch TV or nap, and way too dusty as well. I couldn’t even go round my mum’s as my folks were on hols and I didn’t want the dogsitters to think I was spying on them. I had a bad sinus infection and therefore going for a run/ to the gym/ swimming wasn’t an option. Ended up spending half the day in the local shopping centre/ at Tesco like a pure saddo, and the other half reading my kindle in the car with the blowers on.

Can you go out at least and get a nice pub lunch or something?

probably both!

:grin:

really want to do something cool with my life, any ideas?

sort of like when sandwiches get a bit squashed but depends on the filling i guess

Yeah the pub sounds a good idea.

1 Like

I meant to say but I really liked that “you are loved” picture you posted on the depression thread (I think). In all seriousness, have you thought about trying to put together a portfolio?

Edit: This one:

https://community.drownedinsound.com/t/hows-your-depression/1916/1784

become a Wasabi farmer - I saw a TV thing about it and apparently the real stuff is well valuable (the wasabi we eat with our supermarket sushi is just green mustard apparently)

I really struggle with the idea that I could go to someone and say “I’m an artist” with regards to music or anything else, like I don’t really have the skills to back that claim up so it’s easier to play in the world of hobbyist but I was thinking it might be nice to think of something larger in scope to do with those paint sketches. Maybe I could take a series of photos and turn them into a collage or comic strip or something idk

I had these wasabi crisp sensations once, never had wasabi before but they tasted amazing like a more subtle kinda mustard or something

I don’t know if it’s necessary to have the “skills” as in classical training, time at art school etc. There are loads of successful artists who have no classical training. I guess I just saw that picture and thought “that actually connects on an emotional level” - I’ve got pretty mainstream tastes when it comes to this sort of thing so I think others might feel the same.

I’ve enjoyed your work on here over the past few weeks - it’s not just the drawings (which are great) but you’ll come up with a take on something that’s pretty unique.

EDIT: additional - it might be worth linking up with someone on here who has experience of getting creative ideas out to a wider audience.

1 Like

Just made a new soup.

3 garlic bulbs
1 onion
1 shallot
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 green chilli
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper

Fry in oil until soft

1ltr vegetable stock

Simmer

Blend

Butter some french loaf

Enjoy

Et voila! :ok_hand::+1::pray:

1 Like

bedroom fort

3 Likes

Spotted some outstanding shelving in Head Records yesterday @Bamnan

2 Likes

do you think there would be any sort of demand for a thread about stock

1 Like

yes

1 Like

“luke warm luke” going straight on the dating profile

2 Likes

currently have a link to this picture as the only thing on my OKC profile.

No matches today.

3 Likes

I should like to see this thread.

ooft