🏦 🌴 Monday thread

Hiya.

(Apologies to those for who today isn’t a bank hol)

What you got going on today? It’s a bit hot, innit? We’ve got some wallpaper to strip still, but will probably bike ride at some point as well. Quite, quite dull.

1 Like

Morning! Going to a car boot sale as that seems like a good bank holiday thing to do. Then gonna go for a picnic here:

4 Likes

EXAMINE PALM TREE

2 Likes

“Let’s go for a picnic in a nice green field”
“Nah, how about on that big mound of dirt?”

Off to the hospital. Got no milk :hushed:

The baby won’t drink semi-skimmed yet

3 Likes

Damn. Do alpacas produce milk?

she stayed in overnight with Thumper (we have no name yet and she has massive feet) and I went home, mainly so when she comes home, she can rest and I can take over

9 Likes

Think the fields are owned by rich people. People like us have to sit on the dirt mound.

3 Likes

Hangover. Please keep it down.

Why don’t we crowd source the name? (And by that I mean do a poll.)

1 Like

I’m tired and exhausted but it’s far too warm to lay in. I won’t be doing much today apart from pottering around in the garden.

Mrs and son still in bed. I got up to make coffee/milk and was told there was no room when I brought them their drinks. Just pottering about now. After a very late and boozy Saturday night, I went to bed last night at 8:30 and am now full of beans.

Stick with Thumper I say :wink:

Hungover and ears ringing after Dearhunter last night.

Disappointing show TBH - last show in Brighton was a disaster as the sound in the church venue was so terrible, I left early it was so bad. This time they were in Concorde 2 - so I had high hopes. But the show was all volume, no snakey groove, no variety. They sound like a different band on record to me. I won’t be buying tickets to see them a 3rd time

Still in bed. Jessica is keeping me company

Music stuff this morning, kids are with me this pm. Hopefully a bike ride.

Bathroom renovation starts tomorrow, dreading the disruption but looking forward to having a bathroom that’s not so gross I’m ashamed of it.

4 Likes

Nice duvet cover!

Still in bed also, got birthday BBQ for mrS’s Dad today. Hoping it suns up a bit.
Kids managed bit if a lie in so that was good.

Said we’d also go for a bike ride later, probably to the pub.

2 Likes

Thanks!

If you like, but I’ll have to obey standard protocol and ignore the poll

2 Likes

Morning team! Just about to leave for my first day at work, on a bank holiday (I haven’t ever had a bank holiday for any of my working life so it doesn’t bother me really)!

3 Likes

YESSSS! Exactly the kind of Deerhunter show I love!

I’m sitting in my hostel in Barcelona, waiting for my phone to charge before I go and visit various museums today. Might go for a bit of a paddle in the sea. Looks like it’s going to be around 24°C here today. Perfection.

2 Likes

Last time I saw DH (Concorde 2), Bradford was ill and clearly didn’t want to be there. Put me off seeing them again

1 Like