Monday thread

Got paid today. Might go buy some records after work.

1 Like

My one solid plan for this week off is to go to the only record store for miles around as soon as I get paid.

1 Like

Thank you / @Matt_was_taken / @rich-t

It’s just really annoying because (a) I really liked that bike and (b) I feel paranoid about buying a nice replacement because it’s only going to get nicked over the weekend or something, what’s the fucking point of having something you like when people can take it off you with an angle grinder

Morning all,

Off today and tomorrow, really need the break!

Lazy morning with coffee then off to Greenwich as the kiddoes are singing at the O2 this evening. Hoping to get there in time to have a look around the Maritime Museum, definitely a pint and a burger and then to the O2. Whilst I love the fact that they’re performing there, little depresses me more than the O2 and the North Greenwich peninsular. The Pilot Inn will be the single saving grace.

1 Like

Up at 5 for a meeting darn sarf, thought it was in London but its actually in Woking…

Taxi driver was too chatty for 6am on a Monday morning.

Is that the Young Voices Choir thing? My eldest is doing it in just over a week.

Yeah, it is.

The third one I’ll have been to. Have you done it before?

Nope, this’ll be my first.

It’s quite good fun once you’re there, and the kids love it. It can be nigh on impossible locating them if you’re unlucky where you’re / they’re sat, but as I said, I have a real loathing for the venue and North Greenwich as a whole.

1 Like

In what way is iy broken? It might be knackered, but there are quite a few ways to mend zips. Or you could sew in a nrw one if it isn’t too knackered maybe?

2 Likes

morning all

epic levels of cba this morning, had to pretty much be pushed out of bed this morning in order to get up. have had a Twirl though, that was quite nice. might get a hot chocolate with a fuckload of cream on it at some point.

looking forward to freezing at the football tonight, weather forecast says it’s going to be 0°C :cold_face: i have prepared all of my warmest clothes for it, including the ultra warm heattech stuff i got from Uniqlo that comes in a red box because it’s dangerously warm i guess?

2 Likes

Managed to be really productive for about an hour - polished* shoes, tidied lots, changed bedclothes. I have now made the mistake of laying down on the freshly changed bed and I am overcome with the urge to nap, so thee goes any chance of completing further useful tasks.

@colon_closed_bracket that is awful about your bike, people are so shit :frowning:

*applied matte leather restorer, polishing is more succinct here though.

Where have you been keeping it? Out on the street? Is there anywhere else it could be stored?

I’ve never had a bike nicked, but someone did steal my car once, and at the time it didn’t even have a battery in it!

Saw my GF off to her new job this morning. Delighted that she got out of the shithole she was working in, she’s so much happier now.

Work might be busy but I’m looking forward to getting home and working on some songs for my new band.

1 Like

for fucks sake, i’m so sorry :frowning:

Morning all!

WFH today. I’ve taken the boy to nursery (no tears, thank goodness), and now I’m mainly swearing at our broadband connection. I’ve got to pop to the garage later to pick up a part that got left there when the car was in for it’s MOT … back in October. Oops.

That is a very sparkly purse!

I’m still using this wallet that I got with my Leaving Cert. results when I was eighteen. Really need to get a new one.

1 Like

I store it at the bike park at the station. There’s nowhere else I could store it, really. You can’t really take a non-folding bike on the train, else I’d store it at home. It’s got to the point where I’m thinking of giving up on getting a replacement and just walking to and from the station. What’s the fucking point of getting a new one when someone could just drive up with a van in the small hours of the morning, cut the lock and disappear with it.

I really think your only option is a Brompton (or other folding bike) :disappointed_relieved: