Monday thread

Up at a ridiculous hour to eat breakfast because I’m not allowed to eat for 6 hours before an appointment later. What’s worse than having an alarm set for 6:15? Waking up 20 minutes before it goes off for no reason

What are you lot up to?

I was awoken by a 615 alarm that I’d forgotten to turn off, which is remarkably annoying.

Just dropped the 10yo off for school, about to get on the bus for day 1 of a 2 year course I’m not even sure I wanna do

Gonna be a full time student for the first time in (gulp) 27 facking years

Gonna be weird being a student in 2023

Will I be able to hack it? Will they all be pill-popping, weed smoking slackers like in the 90s? Or square as fuck?

We’ll see I guess

At least I won’t have to come home to this lad in the walls.

Happy to report that I caught & liberated him in the wee hours

11 Likes

Someone forgot tell the cat it’s BHM :yawning_face:

It’s so cute. How did you catch it? Was it a present from Shades?

1 Like

My sister and her family are leaving today. Kiddo’s gonna be devastated, he’s had such a wild time with his cousin. I’m sad they’re leaving but relieved to get a bit of space back in the house.

Otherwise work, boring crap. Hoping to hear about a new job this week.

Shades brought it in about a week ago …so present is one interpretation of that

I caught it by cornering it & throwing a big tupperware bowl over it, then sliding a thin piece of plywood underneath & carrying it out i to the garden to release it

Pretty much the same as the upturned glass & cardboard method for humanely removing bees & wasps from your home

Last day of a weekend break. Watched scrapper in the cinema last night, enjoyed that. Watched a huge trebuchet being launched as well. Today will be a walk along a river and some nice food somewhere.

Morning all!

It’s my first teaching day since June so I almost decomposing through dread.

It’ll be fine, obviously, but I’m too old for this shit.

3 Likes

Morning. Bank holiday, so relieved to get some childcare help when it would normally be just me and toddler on a Monday.

Had visions of a bike ride but very very can’t be bothered vibes. Might go for a walk and then nip into town for last minute holiday bits.

3 Likes

Hiya, watching room on the broom for the billionth time with eldest kiddo.

Bank holiday Monday, so going out to a national heritage park today with the grandparents, they can do some grandparenting for a bit, cos we need a break from the constant bullshit ATM.

Also, got the proper guffs from real ale I drank last night.

1 Like

Silly kid is off to my mum’s for a couple of nights so we’re just left with the cheeky baby. Looking forward to when we can offload them both :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

working early shift but gonna nip down the road for what’s being billed as a MAMMOTH carboot sale. V excited

2 Likes

Morning

Was at work for 4.30.

The early mornings are getting quite chilly (and dark) :frowning_with_open_mouth:

Gave the big kid choice of swimming or cinema today and we’re going swimming. Cba is very high, shouldn’t have gave him a choice.

1 Like

Morning

Sun is out so I will be on a mission to force a family walk that will inevitably end up as just me and the dog

Carnival vibes on the radio almost motivating me out of bed :star_struck:

Train back to London and then loads of boring chores before going back to work tomorrow after 2 weeks off. Ugh.

Morning all :wave:

Back to work tomorrow after ten days off :tired_face: trying not to let it spoil my last day though. Another picnic somewhere today, then a few admin bits.

What course u doin hun?

(Good luck)

The cat has been pawing my face gently for a good while now but has progressed to very irked meowing. How about you get your own breakfast for once, punk?!

Off to see a friend later, and her very silly dog.