😫 Monday 😫

Sleep pretty well, done some exercise, baked some bread.

No work allocated yet.

OOOH SOMETHING I ORDERED WEEKS AND WEEKS AND WEEKS AGO WHEN IT WAS OUT OF STOCK AND DUE BACK IN “EVENTUALLY” HAS SHIPPED AND ITS APPARENTLY AT THE SOUTHAMPTON SORTING HUB.

Will I get it today? Note: couriers, taxis and dominos never find us. 2 mile long road, two dead end side roads, all houses names not numbered :sob:

• No

0 voters

Have to do phonecalls today to p*rents :weary: fucking hate phonecalls as it is and I can tell that later on in bed I know I’m going to have all the stupid conversations going around in my head torturing me about what I said or the way I said it. :weary:

Morning DiS,

The start of a four day week, but it’ll actually feel more like a three day week for me because most of my colleagues are in Dublin and it’s a bank holiday for them today. Result.

1 Like

Could you try writing a list of questions/ a script that you’re comfortable with so you don’t have that anxiety?

Monday? Guess that means it’s time for me to continue rehabbing and actually do some work. Actually quite looking forward to it, and at least there still is some work out there. But first, gentle exercise for the first time in nearly two weeks - I will be doing a selection of Andy Day’s animal-themed kid workouts (and maybe chucking in some squats for larks). Have top Mondays everyone!

1 Like

Another two bank holidays this month. Shall we do a change.org petition to get them all (including Easter) back when they’re not completely fucking pointless?

• I will sign
  • I will not sign

0 voters

woke up at 4.30am. great.

Morning everyone :wave::sun_with_face::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

morning team :wave:
coffee, breakfast and calls this morn.

2 Likes

Bank Holiday here. Going to listen to music and read because fuck doing anything else.

5 Likes

Actually have some work to do for the next few days, not happy about it no not at all

Leaving aside the jingoistic nonsense surrounding this week’s bank holiday move: if you had to choose between one of these, which would you choose?

• Bank Holiday Mondays
  • Bank Holiday Fridays

0 voters

Never had a bank holiday off work, and probably won’t for a long time. Absolute Vienna mate.

6 Likes

Now - Monday, stave off the dread
Normally - Friday, better suited for going away somewhere

2 Likes

What’s the difference, may I ask?

Just psychological I think really. Somehow would feel like a week looking forward to the weekend away, whereas the other way round I think I’d spend the Monday off just thinking about work mainly

Also Monday off might actually be better for flights and costs tbh … in summary then, no clue sorry!

2 Likes

BH Friday>Monday. Feels more party/booze welcoming, whereas everything still shuts/winds down earlier on a Sunday regardless of if Monday is a BH or not.

2 Likes

Okay, just for you:

If we could invent a Funky Bank Holiday, would it fall:

• On your Funky Friday
  • On your Funky Monday?
3 Likes

only having a 4 day week to deal with after is better, imo, although having just a four day week then a bank holiday to look forward to is also a nice think to do.