monday 🤦🏼‍♀️

Morning,

Tired this morning, bit of a rough night. Babies dont like heatwaves. Thankfully it feels much cooler today.

Just about to make another coffee and unload dishwasher then return to rewatch more Schitts Creek.

Got Sensory Storyteller at 12.30pm so looking forward to that.

Feeling a bit sad about the news about Freya the Walrus (cw - animal euthenasia) she’s been euthenised for being aggressive but, if people would have left her alone and stopped approaching her it wouldnt have come to this, she would have been fine and not bothered them.

2 Likes

What the hell! RIP Freya :broken_heart:

2 Likes

OMG I just googled this, I assumed she was in a zoo, not that it would be any better but she’s just in the wild and they’re a protected species. This is awful :frowning:

Non-domesticated animals are meant to be aggressive ffs </3

Ridiculously tired. Might need to have a small nap.

1 Like

Bleurgh. First day logged into work after just over two weeks off.

More than 700 emails to wade through.

Send coffee

Yeah, we’ve had some swans on the itchen relocated because… You guessed it, dog owners can’t keep their dogs on a lead around the nest (despite the landowners and local nature charities putting signs up) and rowers from the college being aggressive towards them.

Poor swans have no other reaction than to protect their partners and cygnets. Very sad. Aggressive swan, my arse. Learn to live around nature better people.

4 Likes

I have a job interview in a café, they aren’t going to care if I rock up in shorts, are they?

1 Like

The entitlement of the rowing club round here boils my blood. Just absolutely ploughing through at high speed assuming that eight young cygnets will just get out of the way. I’ve even seen young guys in rowing boats antagonising the adult swans when they try guard the part of the river they’re nesting in.

1 Like

this planet’s gonna be so much better when we’re extinct isn’t it

3 Likes

Morning! Nearly put my aircon away yesterday, thank god I didn’t so am in my loverly ice cold shed.

Think it’s D&D tonight and I’ll actually be able to speak without coughing this time :+1:

2 Likes

Exactly, she was just chilling basically and people kept approaching her to get selfies etc and she unsurprisingly became aggressive after getting stressed. If they had just left her alone she would have eventually moved away from the populated areas on her own accord. Its really made me sad, ive been following the news about her from the beginning. Struck an affinity with me cause of the name initally cause of it being shared by my mini.

1 Like

Absolutely this!

1 Like

Hi

Quiet weekend - spent most of it avoiding talking to my upstairs neighbours about the loft conversion work they are about to start - of course it’s much worse than I feared (there is a chance of my bedroom which I only decorated last year getting fucked up and needing fixing in one of the corners of the ceiling) - plus scaffolding and noise and whatnot

Was quite awkward cos I was already feeling anxious and I wasn’t up to being all “no worries, whatever” about it as it’s not like I’m getting an extra bedroom out of it, just added stress.

Anyway, yoga later and then D&D

decided to drink some of our housewarming gifts last night at about 10pm, shock to nobody am groggy af today

green man in a few days, woefully unprepared

1 Like

When hear a good thunk from the stuff the postie has put through letter book butbuts jut a rspb catalgoue :frowning:

God it’s sweaty now. Been cleaning a shower out, which is we had let go for too long really.

Binging through the last few episodes of the last series of this: BBC Radio 4 - The Lovecraft Investigations - Available now which has been very entertaining.

Very stressful morning and it won’t storm like it’s meant to and I’m all sweaty and ARGH

Had a dream that there was some sort of tunnel in my old bedroom that I shouted “WANKSHAFT!” down. Then a man appeared in the bedroom staring at me. Horrible.

1 Like

And how is Mr Wankshaft?

1 Like

Just carried out my first suspension