Monday....

Fuck sake i got a load on my plate already

7 Likes

Morning all!

We had doughnuts for breakfast and are preparing for the final drive-by visits to relatives before we drive home.

I might pop into the beer shop before we actually leave.

1 Like

no thank you

1 Like

Morning!

Off to Bavaria for a work adjacent thing - have done more work this morning before going than I usually do in a day so this is what it takes for my brain to work then - the promise of flying somewhere an hour into the working day.

Bit concerned about the hotel etiquette - it’s like hey babes, clothes optional (which I have now thankfully realised is just in the spa bit), I’d really like to swim naked and sauna and that but it feels like it might be awkward (for other people) if they don’t and then I’m stuck with them for 3 days. Stay tuned :sweat_smile: :see_no_evil:

Surprisingly ok right now about being with 25 people for 3 days with absolutely no respite from them. Will regret this.

5 Likes

Walked eldest to school with the youngest on my back. Hot and sweaty now. Dunno whether to walk into town or stay home playing trains. Oh yeah, 2 day week this week and I’ve already worked a day of it

19 Likes

morning everyone, busy day at home as the kids are off but i ain’t. loads to do. planning trip to gloucester again, and dallas, so we will see how it goes.

also, my expenses were paid but the credit card wasn’t so now the company CC is fucked. mental.

Baby was up at 4:50am this morning so she’s already an hour into her nap :skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

oh here’s a story;

on thursday morning we woke to find that the internet wasn’t working in the house. contacted BT and they said that they’d sort it out and reconnect us. anyway, the day went by and there was no internet, so i called back and was passed around the departments a fair bit - and yeah, that was not a good sign - and the bastards had disconnected us. apparently we’d “asked for it” and then “oh we told ya we’d do it” (they hadn’t) and so basically that was it.

they could’nt reconnect us because the system was banjaxed and wouldn’t reconnect a disconnect (???) and that we’d have to wait a week for the “final bill” to be posted out to then open a brand new account, which would be a full reconnection.

so fuck off, told them i couldn’t wait two to three weeks for internet, so told them to shove it up their arse.

so today is the new router day and we’ve gone full blown fuck telephones, and moved to 5G EE Home Router. we get >100MBps on the 5G phones we have (which I’ve been using in hotspot mode for four days supporting my laptop, partner’s laptop, the Xbox and two Kindle Fire tablets, well done my phone) so will be interesting to see how it fares.

1 Like

Got a Teams call all morning :skull_and_crossbones:

Morning. A bit tired. Had a good date last night

Ever so pleased I’ve got the day off - the builders upstairs are making a lot of noise though

Got therapy at 1 and yoga at 6, then D&D- need to work out what I’m doing with the rest of the day. Had toast and marmite and drinking my lovely coffee

Wanna look after my son whilst I kip?

2 Likes

What a wholesome day :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

morning meeting pushed back, so might sneak in a sofa read-record listen before heading into the office

pub quiz later

Think meeting 11-12.30 might be the only work for me, totally cba

1 Like

Was supposed to be delivering some training next week but pushed it back a month as hadnt written a single slide

1 Like

Morning morning,

Drank cider with friends last night, not feeling horrific but also not feeling tippity top either. We did all agree we’ll go on a trip to Salem together so I’m happy with that.

Got the flat to myself for a few days which is nice :blush: Will leisurely tidy up, go gym and make nice food.

4 Likes

£1.89 double McMuffins and £1.19 McPlants today.

Work day so far, one hour or so in:

• I had a little checklist of things to do and when I finished each one, instead of just ticking, I would type a little sentence which - for some reason today - would always involve Jim Beglin. For example “The name’s Beglin. Jim Beglin” and “Jim Beglin is too humble to show off his many qualifications”.

• One such sentence was “Love me for a reason, let the reason be Jim Beglin”.

• Now I have that Osmonds song stuck in my head

1 Like

Make eye contact to assert dominance, strut.

1 Like

Clearly everyone here is just like me as on the whatsapp everyone is like “we’re here early, anyone else?”

Yes, i am…so I’ve got time alone to avoid you all. Ffs. Who arrives early and is like hey guys I’m forced to be with every waking moment for 3 days and I’ve never met - let’s start hanging out SOONER!

2 Likes