Money laundering 💵 🧼

Still don’t really understand what it is, is it just taking drug & theft money and putting it in some patsy’s till?

2 Likes

If Bristol is anything to go by vape shops is the next step.

2 Likes

Not money laundering as such, more some weird tax loophole (from a conversation I overheard in there once), but the pub around the corner from me which is always dead definitely has some dodgy financial dealings

Always assumed that “Italian Cafe” in Arndale Market was a front never seen anyone buy anything from it.

Much like the takeaway I am suspicious of!

1 Like

Yeah, I use this community to launder my income from my side-business (selling sherbert straws I’ve purchased at 5p each at 10p each to schoolkids)

1 Like

Pretty much, essentially just putting money from crime through a “legitimate” business so you can put it in a bank account and spend it.

1 Like

i reckon Gelato shops must fall into this category, they’re always empty, and no-one knows anyone who’s ever been to one

3 Likes

I am convinced WH Smith is a money laundering front. How does it still manage to have such large city centre shops? The one in Leeds is always empty.

7 Likes

Those ones with the black and pink signs that are always open yet completely empty.

Cause they charge about £3.50 for a Freddo

Think a lot places you think must be money laundering operations are just people that have put zero thought into how viable their business plan is. So the REAL laundering is the banks giving them business loans to setup the 50th coffee shop on the street with room for about 5 covers at a time, amirite!?!

Most shops on my road are barbers or mobile phone repair shops. Lot of money getting laundered

Vape shops too

You say that but when I inadvertently did it, it was for a crack dealer. Lovely guy though, and proper fit. Might text him

3 Likes

kermy NO

1 Like

:smiley: he’s so nice!!

THAT’S HOW THEY GET YOU

2 Likes

Just got its called laundering as it is turning dirty money ‘clean’

2 Likes

Isn’t this what Bitcoin is for

1 Like

God, there’s a lot of crime going on isn’t there? Everywhere you turn, just more crime. Boggles the mind.

I’ve barely got the energy to do all the non-crime shit I have to do in life, where do these people find the time!

7 Likes