Moomins (partially a MTFTSB)

There’s a new Moomins album coming out!

Easily the most exciting musical release of the year for me (Kendrick who?) because the first Moomins album is a goddamn treasure.

So anyone want to chat about Moomins or Tove Jansson or anything related?

Would like to own all the Moomins books one day - you know that mythical day when you have a nice place to live with bookshelves and a comfy sofa and a wood burning stove and old dogs and a mug of hot chocolate?

6 Likes

I like the moomins and their charming and whimsical antics

That tove jansson summer book is nice too

3 Likes

We’ve got some of the very nice Moomin mugs, they’re pretty class tbh

2 Likes

I like the Moomins. Miss Y thinks they’re creepy though, which is sad.
Also I really hope I’m not the only DiSer who still doesn’t know what MTFTSB means.

2 Likes

Music Thread for the Social Board

(I think?)

1 Like

And yeah, Moonmins are cool, we have loads of Moomin bits in the house and they are super great.

1 Like

Don’t know if I’d have ever worked that out alone.

1 Like

#TeamSnufkin

5 Likes

close, Moomin Thread For The Social Board

6 Likes

So was Moomin the name of the species or the dude

Was Moomin papa born with that name

the main dude is called moomintroll

Very apt for that little twat

1 Like

The Moomins are great.
That soundtrack was great.
Midwinter Rites - what a surprising track

1 Like

Snufkin is a style icon. Oxfam have some really nice Moomin cards in if anyone wants some. Ooh, they don’t have the cards I bought here but they have a whole range of Moomin merch here

https://tinyurl.com/2p8ahcxa

Got this Sakuma Drops tin in Japan. Keep it in one of the display cabinets in my dresser :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

It’s the 50 year anniversary of The Summer Book this year, so I’m finally going to read it.

Really like the name Tove (and tangentially, and pronounced kind of similarly, Tuva)

Too-ticky was based on Tove’s partner - Tuulikki <3

https://www.moomin.com/en/blog/going-over-to-the-ghost-side-queer-themes-in-tove-janssons-life-and-work-part-3/#c838a575

1 Like

Bought a lot of the Moomins coasters in Oxfam recently as Mrs TWI is a fan.
edit: the ones in our local are diff from the ones online there.

Loved the Moomin cafes in Japan and hope to visit the Moomin park next time Im over.

2 Likes

Love the tin!

I was in Finland when it was the Tove 100 jubilee in 2014. Picked up a tin that I think was full of these biscuits Fazer Moomin biscuit 175 g - Fazer Store – Fazer Store EN and a trusty bookmark

1 Like

It was one of my favourite cartoons when i was a child, i found it really relaxing

1 Like

Still partially a MTFTSB, but it’s taken a new twist.

Big Moomins and Snufkin fan here too.

2 Likes