Moonlight (film)

This has a list of cinemas it’s showing at from Friday

Good point actually. Think if it had another hour it would have been almost perfect. Lot to fit in, just think a bit of extra-breathing space would’ve really sent it into the stratosphere.

Also yer man Mahershala Ali deserved that Oscar alright. He only has about, what, 20 minutes of screen time but totally dominates it. Incredible stuff.

2 Likes

I think the first scene where he drives up and then gets out of his car and walks over to his mate I was just straight away like - yeah, this is gonna be great!

2 Likes

I know… oh you corrected yourself, no bother then :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

just checked. yea they are showing it - yay

1 Like

Really? I’m not sure if it needs it, I like how “economical” it is with its screen time, no scene goes too long or is unnecessary

5 Likes

yeah I think the running length works to its favour. every scene is essential and nothing drags at all, but the story is also allowed to slowly develop

2 Likes

It’s a good thing to be left wanting more, put it that way

1 Like

That’s what I tell all the girls!

2 Likes

Wonderful. Saw it last night.

Toni Erdmann is still my film of the year but Moonlight is very special. So moving, beautiful and poignant.

If you don’t like I don’t think I could ever have sex with you.

Yeah, fair.

Although I think we can all agree that giving a film some time and wanting to spend MORE time with it and its characters is the mark of something quite special.

1 Like

Absolutely, yeah

This is a SAD film no place for jokes like that come on now you :wink:

more like moonheavy, amirite!

1 Like

Saw this last night.
It’s stunningly shot and the performances are all pitch perfect, yer man Ali absolutely dominated every scene he was in.
Sad, moving and uplifting

Just saw this, it’s absolutely brilliant. I’m going to have to watch it again I think.

2 Likes

It’s definitely worth the second viewing imo :ok_hand:

might watch it again this week while it’s kinda fresh in my mind