Morbid fascinations

:scream:

Examples of Japanese Urban Legends please…

Nothing to do with morbid fascinations but

a) Start a thread so i don’t have to ask this question in a random thread and

b) get the replies to appear under the post they are referring to to?

THANKS

forgot first question i can see that now i was on a different tab on which i wasnt logged in

Looking at the Facebook page of a bloke I don’t know who’s really into Stone Roses and Richard Ashcroft and going to terrible festivals. Some recent picture:

3 Likes

gonna check some o’ these out

Can’t watch a film without becoming preoccupied with whether people in it are dead yet, especially older films, or senior actors in more modern stuff.

Used to have to room with a colleague when working away. We’d watch stuff on the telly via a laptop and play what we ended up imaginatively titling Dead/Not Dead. The very best thing for this is old Royal Rumbles.

weird how winehouse has become part of the proper instruments proper haircuts canon

I forgot about that and Googled it. Fuck’s sake.

You’re right! Do you think it’s cos she did the drugs and died the same age as other rock luminaries?

Just the grimmest thing.

yes i do

Don’t forget, you can’t overdose on music.

proper well into true crime stuff at the mo, anything murdery, unsolved cases, missing people. mostly podcasts. current main listening list:

generation why
sword & scale
criminal
thinking sideways
my favourite murder
last podcast on the left
the trail went cold
true crime garage
true crime brewery
casefile
in the dark
already gone
liar city
real crime profile (this is the one by the two main investigators on the jonbenet ramsey case which came out yesterday on tv in 'murica and which i stole off the internet today)

A&E and all the others were quick cash-ins because of the CBS special.
why did you think that one was bad though? Most of the other docs skip Lou Smit’s findings.

also for true crime nerds, watch Who Took Johnny on Netflix and then find yourself down the Franklin cover-up rabbit hole. have fun!

yeah i’d confused them and thought i was about to watch the CBS one so it was quite surprising. just feel that anything that is made with the involvement of the family is only going to be done if it doesn’t say a bad word about them, which this didn’t.

lou smit’s findings are one theory and should be given the same weighting as the others. this one just set out on a course of painting the police as having a vendetta against them and then in the end REVEALED that it was probably a hispanic person that did it.

it should be fair though, for balance, right? i knew as soon as i saw john ramsey on that, that the CBS one would be a bit of a hit-job. still i watched the first part of it this morning and it’s fascinating. every time i watch or read something to do with it i go from “parents done it” to “burke done it… and probably the parents” to “intruder done it” and back again to “i have no fucking idea and now i have a headache”

yeah absolutely. as with so many unsolved cases it really comes down to how badly the police handled the crime scene in the beginning, and they deserve cricitism for it. but because of the rancour between the family and the police and the DA’s office, books or documentaries usually tend to fall into one of those camps.

personally i don’t really buy the intruder theory, and the ramseys’ behaviour at times just beggars belief. the end of that 911 message, and the ‘intruder’ writing the note (and practice notes) while in the house on patsy’s pad of paper, etc. i’m not one to say THEY DEFINITELY DID IT but i’d say the evidence is weighted towards something happening within the family.