Morning, thread (23.2.18)

‘mon the Hammers :hammer:

What is it they play and sing before every game, Baker Street or something?

4 Likes

Is this the Taiwan flag? If so why are you going?

It is the Taiwan flag. Main aims are visiting the in-laws and the moomin cafe.

1 Like

Morning

Today is my Thursday. Here until 4ish then home via the brewery maybe for beer for the Toryball later. Knackered again, I see this baby thing being an issue in the future

2 Likes

Cool, have a good trip!

1 Like

It’s Friday!

4 Likes

Just look at it!

1 Like

Fucking terrifying. Think I’ve posted before about how much the moomins scared me as a kid and nothing has changed.

3 Likes

:nauseated_face:

I know nothing about moomin lore, but I never understood why they have a little snarky human girl with no parents living with them.

Little My is ace. (and snufkins half sister)

1 Like

:grinning:

Srsly though, it’s their absent mouths which I find deeply unsettling. Full-on eldritch abomination in a kids TV program.

2 Likes

Mornin troops, on my way to London and just found out that one of my ATDs from Glasgow is in town but also it’s Scotland vs England

Should we spoiler moomins in future?

2 Likes

godmorgon DiScrew

this is finally out today :sunglasses:

You can finally buy a 12" vinyl with me on it
Aren’t you glad about that ? :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Morning all. Had a job interview yesterday that went pretty well. I think, at least. It’s a shift and a change, so it’s nerve-wracking to be honest, but it might make a huge change. So fingers crossed, I guess. Not sure when I’ll find out.

Morning all!

I have at least one set of assessments to mark before 10.00, a chat with my union rep before 11.00 and a meeting with a fucking waste of a college place student at 11.30.

Having work drinks and food later.

As for Moomins

the TV got our little one a Moomin advent calendar in December - a big moomin house and each day behind the door was either a piece of moomin furniture or a moomin figure

The 4yo loves moomins but even she gets freaked out by Tiuhti & Viuhti (Thingummy & Bob in English) so all throughout December we kept finding those two figures in really unusual places around the house where she had hidden them. When we asked her why she’d hidden them she said “they keep staring at me and following me and I don’t like it”

then one day we found both figures along with a plastic toy wolf she has in the cutlery drawer. Apparently “the wolf is there to stop them getting out and if they get past the wolf then I can use a knife on them”

: /

4 Likes

Safe trip mate, enjoy!

1 Like