Morning, Wednesday

Today I’m going to muddle through work, then go to the big Sainsbos for overproof rum and dairy free ice cream, then play around with my EXTREMELY exciting new piece of music software: an EQ plugin.

Feel like absolute shite. Worse than yesterday and kept having paranoid dreams about colleagues/anyone hating me and slagging me off. Gonna have a breakfast lemsip and maybe drag myself into the bath later. So so so so glad I’m not at work.

Feeling quite headachy and tired this morning and today is my long day until 8:30. I really CBA.

I just got a message from someone who was made redundant from work a couple of weeks back. She’s coming back for lunch on Monday and do some proper goodbyes, which will be nice.

Just checked the raffle entries, and so far 63 people have entered.

1 Like

If I was poorly when I was little my nan would always make me a milky cup of tea in these plastic cups with a lid and straw hole in and extremely buttery toast, sometimes with some scrambled egg on. Wish I was 5 again.

4 Likes

Shall I just donate on behalf of @barleysugar and then click on prizes I think he would like lol

4 Likes

Morning.

Still a bit ill but working. One of the downsides of WFH every day is that when you’re ill, it’s hard to stay away from the computer (get your violins out). Dosed up on Day Nurse anyway.

Strangely excited about my eye test.

Dashing off to the uni to interview someone for a project after this, then maybe I can actually do some writing this afternoon.

Meant to be in Birmingham later but it’s been cancelled…was tempted to go anyway just so i can work on the train, have lunch somewhere different, then come home again.

1 Like

Fuck, the aquarium was great.

1 Like

At work listening to the best Elliott Smith album which is ‘From A Basement on the Hill’

• Yes, this is correct
  • No, I do not believe this and like things that sound like they were recorded on an 8 track in a bedroom
  • Not on Elliott Smith book, mate

0 voters

If someone were to re-record his albums with a Big Muff then I think I’d be into it.

I have woken up in the middle of the night worried that i left the oven on.

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I’ve woken up in the middle of the night worried that you’ve left the oven on.

I have turned around and gone home while more than half way to work because I was worried I’d left the iron plugged in or not locked the door behind me.

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I’ve scanned stuff through a self-service checkout only to realise that I left my wallet at home and have no money.

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Luckily being able to pay with phones now makes this more redundant

4 Likes

no idea how this works unfortunately, also I’m more likely to forget my phone than my wallet tbh

But the chances of forgetting both are slim

wish that were true!

anyway only did this once but it’s up there with the most embarrassing moments of my life “hi, erm sorry I forgot my wallet so you can you cancel this please and I will go and put all my shopping back :flushed:

1 Like

No idea what this refers to.