Morrissey banned from record shop

17 Likes

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

Bloody love Spillers. GBOL.

10 Likes

Blah blah fair enough I guess but I’m guessing there’s a gazillion other ‘problematic’ acts they’re not banning blah blah

3 Likes

great stuff

I worked admin in a warehouse that stocked a whole bunch of record labels stuff and they used to phone up and order quite a bit of vinyl, seemed like nice people who worked there.

I know this isn’t a very exciting story but I usually don’t have any anecdotes about anything so there

9 Likes

Good that they seemed like nice people :slightly_smiling_face:

I spent so many hours in Spillers between the ages of 14 and 22 when I moved away from Cardiff. No doubt I wouldn’t have become the nerd I am today without the people behind the counter chatting to me about stuff and recommending things to then listen to on headphones there.

They were always hugely supportive of local unknown artists and willing to take a punt on stuff too.

4 Likes

must have been nice to have a local record shop, never really been in one that wasn’t HMV’s CD section

1 Like

It really was. Quite lucky to have such a brilliant one to go to on trips into town.

2 Likes

Love Spillers so much. Rarely have the cash to buy records these days but whenever I do it’s a lovely place to shop. They’ve even managed to coax some conversation out of my socially anxious self once or twice. Seen some good in stores there too.

Good decision and GBOL basically.

3 Likes

There is problematic and then there is endorsing a far right political party

5 Likes

Went there every day at uni, never liked the photo copied album covers for browsing

1 Like

I imagine that was an anti-shoplifting thing, which was a bit rubbish but sadly necessary. It’s mostly big boxes of lovely records these days though.

2 Likes

I loved the in-stores when it was in its’ tiny old location.

Like this:

4 Likes

I just don’t understand Morrissey’s mindset. Surely he must be aware that most of his fanbase is made up of people of a left-wing persuasion. So, why is he intent on damaging his own career by repeatedly endorsing political figures that are so far away from those who is fans would support? Weird.

2 Likes

I didn’t see any in the old(ish) store, I imagine they’d have been fun. Though it’s awkward enough knowing where to stand with all the space they have now!

2 Likes

I’d wager its because he’s a deeply arrogant and self-involved man, who is also completely divorced from the real world.

20 Likes

He has got a very loyal base, many slightly older and not particularly political, watched some tv thing on him once and was surprised how much oasis indie lads were in attendance

1 Like

3 Likes

Yeah when I saw him the crowd was pretty bizzare

1 Like