Morrissey

Worst Star Wars film ever.

66 Likes

Yeah, not enough trade embargoes

2 Likes

I never got the Smiths love. Johnny Marr is a great guitarist and the music was decent, but his lyrics always sounded to me like sub-6th Form angsty poetry.

5 Likes

FTFY

Maybe once people finally stop trying to get the Smiths to reform or maybe Johnny Marr dies, he’ll come out and say “At last. Of course I voted, for labour. And my god I do love a nice bit of steak. But I told you that I didn’t want to reform, and it was the only way I could get you to change your mind”

2 Likes

What about people who hold so called progressive opinions solely for personal gain?

This is the first time i’ve read something by him and thought it’s not just borderline or dubious but openly repulsive. I think i’ve purposely swerved most of his interviews in recent years, didn’t want to see some of it, but he’s not even subtle about it now. Lots of the stuff i have seen i’ve been slightly uneasy with but it’s only very recently that i’ve thought i don’t want to read anything he’s got to say on any issue or listen to his music, new or old.

It’s a shame, because he could quite easily be quite a loud important voice at a time when few celebrities have got anything interesting to say. Lots of people would’ve been drawn to him because he spoke for the outsider, but he’s become such a bitter bastard. It annoys me that a man who was born to immigrants at a time when being Irish in England must have been quite difficult, and who’s spent most of his adult life living abroad could have such fucking moronic views about immigration.

15 Likes

Still better than this.

2 Likes

Imagine interviewing yourself and still coming across as a massive bell-end.

6 Likes

right, I was going to ask - is this actually him interviewing himself?

It’s either that or someone who thinks Morrissey’s recent output is up there with his best work.

Not sure which is worse tbh.

2 Likes

I’d say the very nature of interviewing yourself means it would be almost impossible not to sound like a right dickwad.

2 Likes

Having seen some of Glenn Tamplin’s best work, I have to concur.

3 Likes

just keep thinking of Partridge on mid morning matters doing this

2 Likes

Remarkably easy, seemingly, to tie yourself in hypocricical knots even when answering your own questions.

Probably true:

can’t open the page. It’s blocked by our in house bellend filter thankfully.

3 Likes

despite being quite amazed at how fucking awful moz has got based on this interview i am now listening to Hairdresser On Fire and having a great time. sorry everyone.

I have been trying to find that clip on you tube all afternoon

The song is in my head

Is he still living in a mansion in Los Angeles and claiming to speak for the British working man, or has he moved back now?