Mortifying email addresses

Did any of you have a mortifying email address? So either

• some reference to Satan, sex, fluffy bunnies, possibly with the addition of the numbers 666 and 69;
  • for added bonus points: one of those another dot com email addresses where you could choose the domain name from hundreds of crazy options?

Maybe you still have one.

I used to have an nme.com email address, think it was comeonandy@nme.com (not sure what I was thinking, sounds vaguely Thursdayish) … That’s about as bad as it ever got.

1 Like

my first email address was mrtoupee AT hotmail DOT com

i only used it cos a girl at school suggested it and i liked her

4 Likes

There used to be a social platform called Multiply sometime around 2004 that was a bit Tumblr/ask me a question like. Your profile address was .multiply.com, so mine was befruitfuland.multiply.com

:grimacing:

10 Likes

14 year old me decided that identifying myself as weezerfan was a smart idea. Didn’t get round to changing it until roughly ten years later when that fandom had cooled off quite significantly …

(Blue > Pinkerton, despite what my contrary teenage self thought)

Think my old one was [nickname]666@hotmail.com

God I’m cool.

1 Like

caseoftheepimers666?

reallifenicknamebasedonpartofmyoldsurname666

I know someone at school had tashisthebomb bc he fancied tash

7 Likes

My first email address was Hotmal, sendintheclowns666

Only knew the clowns things from when Krusty sings it, never even knew it was an actual song.

6 Likes

Yes. It is still the email my parents thought I used until fairly recently. It had a reference to Blink 182 in it and the rest was r@nd0m things because I was so cool.

2 Likes

I used to have sweet666inmyheart @ hotmail maybe?

Still cringe.

4 Likes

my mates was [a nickname he made up for himself]666@hotmail.com

think he fancied himself as a graffiti artist, but never did any graffiti

2 Likes

Mad how many CVs you see with stuff like ianLFC@ or rockchick69@, etc.

8 Likes

It’s quite fun when you get something like that come through as a complaint. Call them up, deal with the complaint and then say “so I need to send you an email confirming what action we’re going to take… Is princess.sparklepants@hotmail.com still the best email address to contact you on?.. and sparklepants is all one word, yes?”

7 Likes

Never had an embarrassing one - my first one was a uni one, where a few people thought I was Italian because they were set up as first name, then first letter of your surname (This was 1992, I imagine they do it properly), then I moved back in with my parents after uni and my dad had set up an email address for me on their home internet, and I used that until gmail came along.

Tash was fit to be fair

1 Like

was on the phone at work with someone a few months back who sounded absolutely baked off his bonnet and I had to explain everything to him 2/3 times although he was super friendly & nice. As I get off the call I glance up at the screen to see his email; itsweedoclockbitchez69 @ &etc

17 Likes

And all these years later you’re still similarly named.

How easy is it to set up a sensible name email address for serious shit? I have one for friends etc and another for work and serious stuff. Gotta be done.

1 Like

My first freebie email/domain name was “planecrash” which I thought was a good idea since I worked in aviation, but it turned out it wasn’t a good idea.

5 Likes